Sign in to follow this  
ECsandstar

New VP9

After quite a while and plenty of talking about it(as some of you know, and are tired of hearing about my yearn for a VP9) i finally have an HK VP9 LE model of my own. I cant wait to put some rounds through it. Its is just a beauty. Makes me instantly want a collection of them. Long story short i am very happy! :yahoo:

However...I was going through the manual and running through the info in the case when I came across the typical "spent casing" pouch. Its dated for a month out! As in July 2015! I found this weird. For anyone else who has purchased a VP9 or an HK pistol, do you know when the pouch/ casing was dated? Was the date pre or post you getting it? I dont imagine its of any real significance either way, just weird.

Anyone else had any similar experiences with any firearm, HK or not?

After quite a while and plenty of talking about it(as some of you know, and are tired of hearing about my yearn for a VP9) i finally have an HK VP9 LE model of my own. I cant wait to put some rounds through it. Its is just a beauty. Makes me instantly want a collection of them. Long story short i am very happy! :yahoo:

However...I was going through the manual and running through the info in the case when I came across the typical "spent casing" pouch. Its dated for a month out! As in July 2015! I found this weird. For anyone else who has purchased a VP9 or an HK pistol, do you know when the pouch/ casing was dated? Was the date pre or post you getting it? I dont imagine its of any real significance either way, just weird.

Anyone else had any similar experiences with any firearm, HK or not?

Did it say July 15 or something like, 7-4-15(April 7, 15) because that's how dates are written in Europe.

Did it say July 15 or something like, 7-4-15(April 7, 15) because that's how dates are written in Europe.

You could very well be  correct. I know that's how they write dating in europe. I bet thats the case...

BUT....being from the future is much cooler...

Hate to hijack the thread, but what are those spent cases for?

In the event the government wants to create a ballistics registry.   Considering that the ballistics registry in NY never solved a single crime and cost millions every year, expect it in NJ as soon as they can get enough handouts and bribes pocketed to the right people.   Actually, even NY cancelled the program a few years ago, so chances are it will never get enacted.