Nu2gunz

Applying for FID in Cherry Hill, NJ

My town also has a short extra form.  It is just the basics that are already on the STS-033 so it’s redundant but, as a final request, it does ask for disclosure of next of kin.  The police department does not send out any additional form to my wife. However, they do have a clerk call my home number and leave a message on the answering machine when the permit is available for pick up, even though I put my cell number on all the forms. So they go out of their way to minimally let my wife know that a permit has been applied for.  It is irritating but I’m not going to hold my breath for Operation Strikeforce to do anything. 

13 hours ago, Princetonian58 said:

My town also has a short extra form.  It is just the basics that are already on the STS-033 so it’s redundant but, as a final request, it does ask for disclosure of next of kin.  The police department does not send out any additional form to my wife. However, they do have a clerk call my home number and leave a message on the answering machine when the permit is available for pick up, even though I put my cell number on all the forms. So they go out of their way to minimally let my wife know that a permit has been applied for.  It is irritating but I’m not going to hold my breath for Operation Strikeforce to do anything. 

You don't have to wait for "Strikeforce" - why not take the proactive step of writing a letter to the mayor and copy the CLEO. Quote the statute to make sure they understand they are violating the law. I have PM'd you the letter that I sent to remedy a similar situation and it resulted in the twp eliminating the illegal additions within three days. Feel free to edit it to fit your situation.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Pizza Bob said:

You don't have to wait for "Strikeforce" - why not take the proactive step of writing a letter to the mayor and copy the CLEO. Quote the statute to make sure they understand they are violating the law. I have PM'd you the letter that I sent to remedy a similar situation and it resulted in the twp eliminating the illegal additions within three days. Feel free to edit it to fit your situation.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Bob, appreciate if you can either post that letter here or PM me a copy. I agree on each of us taking initiative.