tuktuk

meanwhile in boonton

Today. Morning.

my buddy was leaving his house to come to my house ... he saw some movement ...

Posted Image

PS btw what is the law in regards of me finding one of those in my backyard.... of course only if it's a present and clear danger

The little guy ran through our yard (in Boonton) this morning, with the local cops in pursuit; using some kind of noisemakers to move him to somewhere less residential, and more wooded, which is to say to our property.

Perhaps the animals know something we don't!  I live in Woodbury, NJ (near Philadelphia) today I saw a Deer run across my street, up my driveway, jump my 4' fence in front, run through my back yard  and jump my 5' fence at the back of my yard! LIKE IT WAS NOTHING!!! I think I believe Shawn now!

Hey, don't try to shoot any of them, you'd probably be arrested.

Why is there a booming population of not just bears but deer and fox? Don't ask the liberal animal rights activists. They're more important than people.

I think that sometimes about pitbulls. Whats up with white people and pitbulls? Can anyone tell me?

We encourage all persons, with or without firearm, to consider carrying a non-lethal deterrent such as bear spray because its success rate under a variety of situations has been greater (i.e., 90% successful for all 3 North American Species of bear; Smith et al. 2008) than those we observed for firearms” [firearm success rates were 84% for handguns, 76% for rifles]

http://www.thewildlifenews.com/2014/06/18/bear-deterrence-pepper-spray-or-firearm/

Why is there a booming population of not just bears but deer and fox? Don't ask the liberal animal rights activists. They're more important than people.

I think that sometimes about pitbulls. Whats up with white people and pitbulls? Can anyone tell me?

Wow you're all over the place there.

We had a 400#+ bear come through our yard 15 years ago when we lived in Boonton, the police were going door to door telling everyone to stay indoors.  It smashed our bird feeder and got into our garbage before our dog scared it away.

Bear, deer & fox more restrictions on hunting & less hunters equals more animals.

Pitbulls could be a few things imo. First, the cultural hype that "tough people" have pitbulls. You want people to think your a tough guy you have to have the proper acessories. Second, animal activists exclaim that pitbulls are much maligned and aren't really bad dogs. I believe that somewhat but when the majority of pitbull owners I see are obviosly trying to portay a tough guy attitude I assume the worst and stay clear. When out on walks with my children and I see a sterotypical pit pull owner walking their dog coming from opposite direction I cross the street to other side.

I see wildlife all over the place in my town (Stratford). Just the other day I had a jake turkey in my front yard.....I live a block off the White Horse Pike.

We had a small four point buck walk up the middle of my street in broad daylight last year. He acted like he belonged there!

Deer, turkey, coyotes, skunks, raccoons, a couple of gray foxes......I've seen quite a few critters around here. Never a bear, though.

I'm pretty sure my township would frown upon me dealing with a bear in my backyard on my own. Unless you live in a fairly rural area, I wild imagine most townships are the same.

That's probably a two year old that got chased away by it's mother. The mother will chase them away when they have new cubs coming. Male bears are territorial and will not tolerate other male bears in their area, so the young smaller male bears end up wandering to find an area that isn't occupied already, and often end up in suburbia. I saw a dead bear on the side of route 23 in Kinnelon last week, they're out wandering........

That's probably a two year old that got chased away by it's mother. The mother will chase them away when they have new cubs coming. Male bears are territorial and will not tolerate other male bears in their area, so the young smaller male bears end up wandering to find an area that isn't occupied already, and often end up in suburbia. I saw a dead bear on the side of route 23 in Kinnelon last week, they're out wandering........

I don't know about that. I weighed more than him at age 2. My mother tried to chase me away when she was pregnant with my sister but I crawled into an old Gallo Wine crate and stuck around. Eventually she took me back.

I saw that dead bear on 23 coming back from cherry ridge last week. 1st time I saw a bear as roadkill.

I did however, have a fairly large black bear run out in front of my car while going down Clinton Rd about 3yrs ago.

And yes, the Jersey Devil was right behind it.

The first year we vacationed on the Outer Banks we saw a dead horse -- literally cut in two -- on the northern most edge of (what I believe is) the paved part of Route 7 in Corolla. A DEAD HORSE!!