Sign in to follow this  
SLOPE5623

VP40 Now Available

The changes necessary to chamber it to 40 doesn't seem significant.  Look at the HK line.  Most of the lines are chambered in 9 and 40.  Only the USP is chambered in 9, 40 and 45.  The dimensions for the 45 are different.  If they can chamber it in 45, it may just take a bit more time.

It also helps that the VP series and the P30 series share the same magazines.  They may need to create new magazines for 45 also.

DargZ makes all good points. 40 was natural progression. Hopefully, 45 is next and soon. Given hk's recent financial struggles and ousting by German govt, one can only hope. The striker fired VP may just save them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10:1 the VP45 (if it ever comes out) will take HK45 or USP45 mags.

I think the VP9SK will be the next to drop though. I don't see HK having gone through all the shit to make the P30SK happen and NOT have the VP9SK ready as well. And having a full size and a sub compact same caliber striker fired gun combo would make the most sense. Consider that they dropped a striker, then a hammer. I'm willing to bet the next will be a striker, so as not to flood the HK fanboi market with too many strikers at once. The question then is... will there be another hammer after the VP9SK? If so... what could THAT be? P30SK in .40s&w?

If HK is smart, they would make both.  Using the USP45 mags makes sense for a striker fired 45 and a VP9SK would put them in the concealed carry rage.

Looking at Colt and the recent way the German government turned on them, it would only make sense to expand to the civilian market.  Government contracts are lucrative...if you win.  It always pays to have a backup plan.

Too much recoil? Lol

uh....... no...  lol

i already have the VP9..   but since the wife has taken over my M&P22, i want to eventually get another 22 pistol and since i like the VP9 so much, why not a VP22...  heh  (pipe dream, i know)