Sig226GuyNJ

Best place to buy Wasr-10

Much better ak's are available for even better. You could get a SAR1, mak90, or a maadi for a good price if you keep your eye on GB.

REALLY?

A Romanian SAR over a Serbian N-PAP or O-PAP - that is funny!

A Mak-90? O.K. it has a chrome lined bbl, but unless you shoot corrosive ammo

it's not needed , and arguably less accurate. yes, they are collectible

and a nice addition to an AK collection, but at the price of a used mak-90

vs. a new O-PAP - not even close.

Maadi - heavy, poor quality, next to last on the list of top 10 AK's (they just beat out the WASR)

Wasr's get a bad rap. The last few years they have been VERY good and cheap. The last 5 I have brought were all awesome. They were only $25 cheaper than the N-Paps though. You cant go wrong with either. Make sure yu check the rivets on the N-Paps and the mag wells...same with wasrs.

I don't think that you'll find a decently built Polish kit rifle in the same price range as a WASR. If you really want a WASR, then you're better off buying it through Atlantic Firearms (they do a quick inspection for canted sights, mag fit, and check the action) before they ship it to your FFL. You still need to do your own inspection when it arrives, but Atlantic is a very good company to deal with if you run into any issues that may cause you to want to exchange the rifle before completing the transfer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know of any LGS's that actually have Wasr's in stock? I want to inspect them before purchase, and most if not all places online won't accept them back, even if they transfer hasn't been completed yet. I saw a O-Pap yesterday. It was ok, but the front sight was way canted. I'm really interested in the new Wasr's as I keep reading good things about them, but want to inspect one before purchasing.

I bought my old WASR from J&GSales - great customer service

http://www.jgsales.com/romanian-wasr10-ak-style-rifle,-7.62x39,-wood-stock,-bayo-lug,-slant-cut-muzzle.-p-67362.html

but I'd also highly recommend Atlantic Firearms since they do their own QC before shipping

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/cai-ak-47-wasr-10-7-62x39mm-rifle-detail.html?Itemid=0

both companies shouldn't have any issues accepting a return (pre-transfer) if you find that it's not up to par.  I've found that it's easiest to spot canted FSBs by doing a quick field strip (removing gas tube as well) and then looking straight from the end of the stock, thru the gas tube opening on the front trunion, and to the end of the barrel. 

good luck

I've never seen a WASR on display at a shop but I haven't been to many in NJ

I called Howell and they don't have any in stock right now. He said they do get them in on a somewhat regular basis. I left my number to call me when they come in. Here's probably a stupid question. Since they get these in without it being ordered from a customer, do they still charge a transfer fee? I've read some shops will not charge a transfer fee if it's something they stock.

REALLY?

A Romanian SAR over a Serbian N-PAP or O-PAP - that is funny!

A Mak-90? O.K. it has a chrome lined bbl, but unless you shoot corrosive ammo

it's not needed , and arguably less accurate. yes, they are collectible

and a nice addition to an AK collection, but at the price of a used mak-90

vs. a new O-PAP - not even close.

Maadi - heavy, poor quality, next to last on the list of top 10 AK's (they just beat out the WASR)

p

You sell the n pap right?

I sell N-PAPs, O-PAPs, Centurions, RASs, Saigas, I.O's & Customs

We have an extremely different view of a quality ak. I would only own two of the rifles on your list. The saiga is a great piece and a must have for anyone who like the ak platform. The Yugos are ok, but you must be carefull what one you buy. All Yugos are not created equal. The others on your list are junk and don't deserve the title of an AK.

The we agree to disagree!

While Saigas are good, they are not Great. Their only mystic is that they are Russian

built, but in overall quality - they are not as well made as the Zastava built guns.

You are correct that all Yugos are not created equally, but I only sell Serbain (Zastava) rifles;

not parts built guns. 

To say Centurions & RAS's are Junk is just plain ignorant! 

While some AK guys don't want to accept a US built Ak, the Centurion & RAS as a good quality

build for their price range.

And finally the I.O. - while they did have many problems in the past, I.O. has worked very hard to 

correct those issues and is currently putting out a decent AK for the money. No it is not the best built

AK on the planet, but in the under $700.00 price point if I had a choice between a WASR / WASR-10

or an I.O. (with a Lifetime Warranty) - I would take the I.O. over a WASR any day.

You can say what ever you wish, but in the end I sell more AK's than most dealers in NJ and of the 

several hundred I've sold -  I had more WASR's going back under warranty than all the others combined!

As a matter of fact, I have only returned one (1) century C39 (version 1) for warranty and that was because

the owner was using shitty. surplus ammo and a case split in the chamber and when he tried tp push it out

he scored the barrel - guns fault - NO but century replaced the BBL under warranty anyway and the owner 

has been running trouble free for over 2 years now.

The we agree to disagree!

While Saigas are good, they are not Great. Their only mystic is that they are Russian

built, but in overall quality - they are not as well made as the Zastava built guns.

You are correct that all Yugos are not created equally, but I only sell Serbain (Zastava) rifles;

not parts built guns. 

To say Centurions & RAS's are Junk is just plain ignorant! 

While some AK guys don't want to accept a US built Ak, the Centurion & RAS as a good quality

build for their price range.

And finally the I.O. - while they did have many problems in the past, I.O. has worked very hard to 

correct those issues and is currently putting out a decent AK for the money. No it is not the best built

AK on the planet, but in the under $700.00 price point if I had a choice between a WASR / WASR-10

or an I.O. (with a Lifetime Warranty) - I would take the I.O. over a WASR any day.

You can say what ever you wish, but in the end I sell more AK's than most dealers in NJ and of the 

several hundred I've sold -  I had more WASR's going back under warranty than all the others combined!

As a matter of fact, I have only returned one (1) century C39 (version 1) for warranty and that was because

the owner was using shitty. surplus ammo and a case split in the chamber and when he tried tp push it out

he scored the barrel - guns fault - NO but century replaced the BBL under warranty anyway and the owner 

has been running trouble free for over 2 years now.

I just have to laugh out loud at anyone saying they'd take an IO over a Wasr-10. Especially the new Wasr's.