Shawnmoore81

Storm damage

Just made my way back from Winslow to Hoodbury.

Only 1 traffic light along the Black Horse Pike from Piney Hollow Rd to Ganttown Rd was operating.

Lots of branches down (some taking wires with them) along Egg Harbor Rd.

Most of Monroe Twp and Washington Twp (Glou Cty) were dark.

Hoodbury has power though (the better to see the targets)

There was a tornado down here. Spotted off exit 7 on 295. The Sakima country club is really messed up. My wife had a power line fall on the car but nothing happened. My Inlaws list a retractable awning and a tree.

This was the mall

post-2362-143510596327_thumb.jpg

Yeah the sky is awesome right now. My power is out in Upper Deerfield witch means no water either. The pump is 220 and my gen is only 110. Probably gonna be a few days till they fix it.

It sounds like south Jersey got the brunt of the severe storm cells that came through late this afternoon and early evening.
Driving out of Manhattan around 6:00 p.m. this evening and going west on Rt 78, was wet with a fair amount of pelting rain for and multiple lightning bolts for several miles and lasted about 15 mins, but that was it....

I hope nobody was seriously hurt in the more affected areas.

There was a tornado down here. Spotted off exit 7 on 295. The Sakima country club is really messed up. My wife had a power line fall on the car but nothing happened. My Inlaws list a retractable awning and a tree.

This was the mall

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1435105962.217275.jpg

Holy sheet.

It missed us Northern Monmouth county. Just a lot of cloud to cloud lightning.  Light rain showers and light wind.

Was driving from Bridgeton to Fairton in the middle of it.  We never lost power but traffic lights were out in Bridgeton.  The sky was a very strange yellow color.  I've never seen anything like that before either.

Overall, we have some branches down and one piece of trim blew off the house. Nothing that can't be fixed this weekend. We made out better than some.

Everyone ok? My area got f--ked up.

i heard there may have been a tornado touch down in wash. twp. my neighbors phone was ringing off the hook last night. he's a tree guy.  my shop lost electricity, along with most of the area of town around 630'ish. i dunno what time it came back. home had no electric till 3am. a house down the street from my had a tree land in it i heard, but didn't go down to confirm. i'll do that tonight.

I just checked out the area. Most towns are being told tomorrow at the earliest for power. Cops are out directing traffic at the major intersections in Logan township. You can't get into Bridgeport. From what I've seen in pics Gibbstown got it really bad