Newtonian

Does eliminating this iconic symbol achieve anything? (or What's this world coming to?)

This is related.

Wal*Mart sent a message to all of its stores the other day.

Remove all Made in America signage. It sends the 'wrong message'.

Unbelievable.

How long until the American Flag is considered 'offensive' ? We've already seen that crap from teachers union zealots when some kids decided to wear American Flag t-shirts on a day the school decided to celebrate Cinco De Mayo. They were told to change their shirts.

How long? Already here.

http://www.wnd.com/2014/05/americans-now-racist-for-waving-u-s-flag/

Right. Thats what I was referring to in the last line of my post. Small group. Wondering when members of congress will start trying to tell us we should downplay patriotism and not wave the flag. Pelosi would do it in a heartbeat if she thought she could get away with it.

Really? If that is true then there should be a massive boycott of their stores.

Oh its true. It was in the morning messages from corporate to store management.

The background is this. Wal*Mart had been making a push to tout how much Made in America merchandise it offers for sale. This was in response to criticism that everything they sell is made in China. This has been going on for about a year. There was signage in store identifying the stuff that is Made in America.

With all the chatter about Donald Trumps statements about Mexican illegals, they seem to think they need to quietly make this campaign go away.

Again, i can't provide docs. If you happen to be in a store and see a Manager, Co-mgr or Asst Mgr, you can ask them. They may be willing to tell you what happened.

So it wasnt just that they were taking down Made in the USA signs on products with a Made in China label? Someone needs to blow the whistle and make those communications public.

No. The campaign was to market products that were made in America. Nothing to do with China. The purpose was to improve Walmart's image by saying ......"look..we sell stuff made in America!"

They had those "Made in America" signs removed becuase they believed they were offensive.

I like a lot of things about Walmart, but under their new CEO, they are doing some stupid stuff.

No. The campaign was to market products that were made in America. Nothing to do with China. The purpose was to improve Walmart's image by saying ......"look..we sell stuff made in America!"

They had those "Made in America" signs removed becuase they believed they were offensive.

I like a lot of things about Walmart, but under their new CEO, they are doing some stupid stuff.

All political posturing. WalMart is as guilty as any business of arbitraging the salary differences between the USA and Asia.

Now they're saying "Made in America" is offensive? How can a statement of country of origin for a manufactured product be offensive? 

I lost a good deal of my remaining faith in corporate America when all those companies fell over one another to celebrate gay marriage. You're talking 20% of 2% of Americans who experienced no discrimination whatsoever except for an occasional slur and 95% of the time behind their backs, if, if. 

It's getting crazier by the minute.

All political posturing. WalMart is as guilty as any business of arbitraging the salary differences between the USA and Asia.

Now they're saying "Made in America" is offensive? How can a statement of country of origin for a manufactured product be offensive?

I lost a good deal of my remaining faith in corporate America when all those companies fell over one another to celebrate gay marriage. You're talking 20% of 2% of Americans who experienced no discrimination whatsoever except for an occasional slur and 95% of the time behind their backs, if, if.

It's getting crazier by the minute.

Yes, its ridiculous. The CEO is going around saying... We can make a difference. Translation is we can pander to the grief mongers.

WMT does ok by nearly all of it's employees. The unions trash them for their own self interests. But its all crap. I won't go into it, unless someone wants to hear it, but they don't suck on that front the way they are made out to by to left and by certain unions.

Yes, its ridiculous. The CEO is going around saying... We can make a difference. Translation is we can pander to the grief mongers.

WMT does ok by nearly all of it's employees. The unions trash them for their own self interests. But its all crap. I won't go into it, unless someone wants to hear it, but they don't suck on that front the way they are made out to by to left and by certain unions.

I personally know two W-mart employees. One owned a camera shop in Hoboken 50 years ago. Not the greatest name, People's Camera

Actually I haven't seen him for a while. He might be deceased. VERY old, like late 80s. The other guy is a former VP at Chase Manhattan, a computer guy, down to earth. 68 years old and doesn't feel like hanging out at home all day although he has the $$$ to do it. In that respect WalMart is great.

It also supplies training for young people to get up in the morning, shower, put on clean clothes, and get to work on time. We may think that's B.S. but for a lot of folks that is on-the-job training. I did not appreciate those values until I was in my late 20s. Thank God I did. 

OTOH the combination of immigration zeal and the freaking lust for cheap labor makes all of them unpalatable to me. I would rather pay $.30 more for a head of lettuce than $.50 to support guys in jail. 

We should start a new thread on opting out of the system.

People's camera. ...lol. .....Fits our state though....

Those are values a lot of kids need to learn.

About half of WMT store mgrs. started as hourly employees. They all make 6 figures.

You need 4 things to work there.

A heartbeat

Ability to pass a drug test

Ability to pass a criminal background check covering a certain amount of years

The docs to complete an I-9 form

Speak a word of english? Nope... Not required.

Stores employ anywhere from 250 to 1000 people.

But the pandering pisses me off.

So my state senator and I are in s pissing match over her vote. Well she keeps emailing me back defending her position which I assume is getting a LOT of heat due to the rural area.

But I'm really amazed I'm getting actual emails opposed to template b.s.

I love the USA. Where we can debate such a clearly polarized topic freely and openly. Regardless of my personal feelings on the topic, if the people of SC vote to have the flag removed, so be it. 

If stores want to remove this item from their shelves, this is the USA and they have no obligation to sell this item if they don't want to. If you want to be able to buy one, I'm sure you can find it for sale somewhere. You are even free to display it if you want. That is a calculated risk you can try out. 

Al sharpton demands kid rock denounces the confederate flag or else

Kid rock's response "kiss my ass"

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1436476712.804468.jpg

It was on Megyn Kelly the other night. I recorded it. Have to go back and watch.  The rest of my family saw him earlier this week at the Art Center.  I couldn't go.  The only flag they mentioned was the American flag.... a huge one... lowered as a huge backdrop during "Born Free".

KMA.. GFY... are all responses I'd expect him to provide.

Oh.. what was also cool was he was walking around the parking lot before the concert tailgating with people. Some FB pictures of him having some beers in the parking lot before the show.

Again, how quickly this crap takes hold: http://bit.ly/1CAndj0

Article is about some f*****g douchebag at a flea market who became discombobulated upon seeing Confederate and Nazi merchandise.

This pathetic little wood-nymph actually called the cops, and they investigated.

“I was shaking and almost vomiting,” he tells the paper. “I had to run. My grandmother had numbers,” referring to the digits the Nazis would tattoo on prisoners.

Imagine the load in his drawers if he'd sat through an episode of Hogan's Heroes. 

The local NAACP chimed in:

“It’s difficult because it’s on private property and it’s considered free speech,” Teal says.

Yes just like vile, vulgar rap lyrics.

Finally the inevitable comment from the anti-defamation league: 

“It’s unfortunate that under the law people have the right to sell these things; but it doesn’t mean they should sell these things,” Joshua Sayles says."

How could a Jew with more than ten functioning brain cells miss the irony here, that it's "unfortunate" we don't have laws like they did in Germany during the late 1930s?

The world is sick and getting sicker.

Newtonian has invoked Godwin's Law. Sheesh! 

So you're saying it's okay to sell Nazi paraphernalia?

And if we live in this great country, aren't we free to complain about it if we want to? 

I'm sorry, but why would anyone sell this stuff, other than to propagate hate? Is there any other reason to own Nazi flags and symbols? Unless you're one to do WWII re-enactment like some that do that for the Civil War. 

If I saw a kiosk selling Swastikas and other Nazi tchotchkes, I think it would make me VERY nervous. 

Truth be told. we DON'T live in a country where you can openly sell those kinds of things without some level of scrutiny. And that's a bad thing???

IT'S NOT ILLEGAL! You can be offended and complain all your sorry self wants, but guess what? Cops can't so anything! Calling 911 over this is a waste of tax payer's money and ties up resources. This man should be charged for tying up emergency personnel.

If you can defend this waste of oxygen with a strait face, you are part of the problem.