revenger

gay marraige vs. gun rights

SCOTUS  today ruled today that gay marriage is now legal in all states.  I wonder if we should adjust our strategy slightly and rather than keep fighting NJ's courts on NJ's laws ( hopeless ) we start fighting for carry permits  to be legal in all states .   Why isn't my Florida or Utah permit legal in NJ?  I demand that the SCOTUS rule that a permit issued anywhere is valid everywhere regardless of state laws.      It only took the LGBT community 11 years to win this victory for them and that would be quicker than our current path,  what was Heller 2008? already 7 years and still no carry in NJ.   

Gun owners would have to be considered a victimized, persecuted minority and it would have to be politically correct to support gun rights.  The reason they got what they wanted had little to do with the law.  I think Eq. Protection was tried and failed.  Yet worked for this issue.

Basically, you need an argument that Kennedy will support and that Roberts won't cave in on.  But I'm almost certain that Roberts would rule against anything taking power from the states that isn't ObamaCare and say it's a matter for the states.  Before that though, they have to agree to hear it.

Gun owners would have to be considered a victimized, persecuted minority and it would have to be politically correct to support gun rights.  The reason they got what they wanted had little to do with the law.  I think Eq. Protection was tried and failed.  Yet worked for this issue.

Basically, you need an argument that Kennedy will support and that Roberts won't cave in on.  But I'm almost certain that Roberts would rule against anything taking power from the states that isn't ObamaCare and say it's a matter for the states.  Before that though, they have to agree to hear it.

It does play out when people from other states are arrested here exercising a right they have in their own state.

SCOTUS  today ruled today that gay marriage is now legal in all states.  I wonder if we should adjust our strategy slightly and rather than keep fighting NJ's courts on NJ's laws ( hopeless ) we start fighting for carry permits  to be legal in all states .   Why isn't my Florida or Utah permit legal in NJ?  I demand that the SCOTUS rule that a permit issued anywhere is valid everywhere regardless of state laws.      It only took the LGBT community 11 years to win this victory for them and that would be quicker than our current path,  what was Heller 2008? already 7 years and still no carry in NJ.   

I do not trust our Supreme court anymore and believe they would actually demolish and shred the 2A---However, they're not going to do it until public opinion drops on the support of the 2A. I don't like the way they have been skewing the balance of power, writing laws and bypassing Congress for referral. I finally came to the grim assessment that the USA as we knew it is gone. However, not that I gave up but just to refocus how deal, cope and begin planning to [not] let the new infrastructure take root.

this is a very good read....kinda sums it up right there dont it?

edit: "shall not be infringed"  that really sums it up!

but seriously,  these are the people running the country....

our best bet is to get the LGBT crowd to take it to SCOTUS for us

our best bet is to get the LGBT crowd to take it to SCOTUS for us

If that were to happen then I can just imagine that only married LGBT couples will be allowed to have CCP's valid in all 50 states......

I have to believe that all of the gun manufacturers would love it....

667726ce361fd7ca0550c0224d759b11.jpg

Same old story. They dodge hearing cases on fundamental enumerated rights, i.e. the right to bear arms. Then they turn around and find a "right" to "gay marriage" lurking within the bowels of the 14th Amendment.

The ACLU will only stand behind what they believe in/want. Its a typical liberal organization. Their doctrine is, If its liberal its a right weather written, stated, majority backed........ If its not liberal ie what we want, twist words and fight to have it interpreted into non existence while we ignore it. 

This is what I wrote right after the decision came out (no pun intended):

Kennedy additionally addressed the possibility of preserving the system by which marriages recognized in one state are denied in another, saying that "[l]eaving the current state of affairs in place would maintain and promote instability and uncertainty."

And President Obama:

This decision will end the patchwork system we currently have. It will end the uncertainty hundreds of thousands of same-sex couples face from not knowing whether they’re marriage, legitimate in the eyes of one state, will remain if they decide to move or even visit another.

So I guess I can start carrying.

Because being legally allowed to exercise a fundamental, foundational, enumerated, constitutional right in 30+ states, but not my own home state, definitely creates instability and uncertainty.

And worse, it creates the very real prospect of incarceration and permanent loss of that right if I happen to visit the wrong state. Even by mistake.

Apparently all rights are equal, but some are more equal than others...

The loony left is never satisfied with its current issue or most recent victory. Now they have gay marriage. It only took a decade for the idea to go from fringe to mainstream. The notion of a favorable Supreme Court ruling on that issue was almost unthinkable as recently as 2005.

Then look what happened to the Stars and Bars in something like two weeks. Gay marriage was strategy, the Confederate flag was pure tactics: Tragedy, reaction, result. 

What is their next big thing?