dino71

Fingerprinting question

Hi everyone, I have been a member of this forum for a few years and was mostly into the shoot gun shootouts and at the present time only own one handgun that I bought about 14 years ago (I know....it's sad) but I am planning to getting to the Edison PD this Monday to correct that. My question is that the Edison PD policy is that you have to get fingerprinted by an outside agency??? And to add insult to injury is about $55 to get it done, like my taxes can't even get me a finger print that take less than 30 seconds to do? Anyway the Edison PD also told me that you have to get finger printed in Middlesex County every 5 years. I am assuming that's only if you are applying for future hand gun permits and not for the ones you own already.....right? I am planning to get the maximum amount of permits (which I believe is 3 ?) and just buy them and be done with it. I just want to know if my "assumptions" are correct being out the game for so long. This is so #%$#$#%$ frustrating. Any advise would be appreciated.

Your assumptions are, for the most part, correct. Fingerprinting is done by a third party statewide. The 5 year fingerprinting policy is ridiculous and would be at the discretion of the CLEO of the municipality - not county wide. You can get as many permits as you wish. You can only use one in any thirty day period, unless you file for an exemption. Permits may be extended to 180 days - again, at the discretion of the CLEO.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Thanks Pizza Bob, and congratulations on your grandchild! 

OK time for NJ some sarcasm......So if someone is a criminal and gets arrested they get fingerprinted for free but someone who lets say served their county and never got in trouble has to pay to get it done!! I even saw that the NJSP even has an outside source for noncriminal issues. Is it that hard to scan someone fingers? I guess this is NJ and we just throw money at nonexistent issues.   

Thanks Pizza Bob, and congratulations on your grandchild! 

OK time for NJ some sarcasm......So if someone is a criminal and gets arrested they get fingerprinted for free but someone who lets say served their county and never got in trouble has to pay to get it done!! I even saw that the NJSP even has an outside source for noncriminal issues. Is it that hard to scan someone fingers? I guess this is NJ and we just throw money at nonexistent issues.   

Lol yeah..in Jersey if you want to express your rights, you'd have to pay for it.

Most agencies are outsourcing background fingerprinting for everything. And good luck with the timing in Edison as well. When I changed my FID address with them and got a permit about a year ago it took about 4-5 months. They appear to run their firearms paperwork in batches like every 6 months. 

Most agencies are outsourcing background fingerprinting for everything. And good luck with the timing in Edison as well. When I changed my FID address with them and got a permit about a year ago it took about 4-5 months. They appear to run their firearms paperwork in batches like every 6 months. 

That's awesome and I am going this Monday during the 6 month of the year, I hope they run this batch at the at the end of the month!!

It's not just firearms owners who need to get fingerprinted by outside sources.  Teachers and substitute teachers have to pay for this pleasure as well.  Basically any Non-Criminal background check done through the police departments requires that you go to Sagem Morpho / Morpho Track.

Yet another PERK of being in NJ.

&nbsp]

And due to these policies, some innocent people will die! Like Carol Bowne!