Sign in to follow this  
Redstachio

Caso's Jersey City

Just wanted to make mention of my recent experience with Caso's Gun-A-Rama...

Last friday I emailed them to see if they had what I was looking for in stock, they promptly replied that same morning and I was able to confirm that they did in fact have exactly what I wanted. I went there a couple days later and 20 minutes later walked out with my first handgun, a gen4 G19. 

I couldn't be more pleased with Caso's. The two women were extremely helpful, laminated my FID, didn't question my brand selection, and made sure I was happy...which as a first time buyer I was extremely hesitant to even step foot in a gun shop around here, having heard all the internet horror stories about condescending and elitist shop employees. I see a lot of people praising Jim Flynn on this forum, and had considered him despite the fact that Caso's is only five minutes from my house. Glad I took a chance and reached out to them. I will definitely be going there again for future purchases.

Not the most exciting story, I know. Glock 19...blah blah blah...Just happy to be here and wanted to give Caso's the support they deserve. 

Happy 4th, guys :)

post-8205-0-04545500-1435852510_thumb.jpg

This, especially. Not the best area of JC either...

Although who knows, maybe they would not have lasted if near Grove St or Newport. 

To be as pleasant as they are, while being surrounded by pretty much the most anti-gun cities in the state, is a testament to their character.

I also got my first Glock at Caso's - great people. Highly recommended. 

There was a guy who opened a gun store in downtown JC, about 7-8yrs ago, just off Newark Ave., Dave was his name I think. Didn't have inventory but had catalogs and he said he would order whatever you wanted. Didn't last very long as he once had an altercation one evening with some people across the street at some nightclub and he fired his revolver into the air. Got arrested, his FFL revoked. Crazy story.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By Zigzag22
      Hello, I am looking for somewhere to get my muzzle brake pinned on a budget. I am okay with shops in Southern NJ and PA.
      If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated!
      Thank you!
    • By Schrödinger's cat
      I found a really nice small gunshop called Aress Arms in Howell today. The owner's name is Ritchie Schwartz, and he juggles the shop with being a firefighter. Nice guy to just talk guns to, and is competitively priced. He also does transfers for $20 plus NICS. The phone number for the shop is 732-886-2010. If you live in Howell you can save a bit of time (and money) by doing transfers through him. His FFL name is Aress Inc, and his business name is American Armory. I had a really enjoyable time hanging out there for a bit today.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/americanarmorynj/about/
    • By Blank
      Some of you may already, but Howell Gun Works is a great shop. Omri and Tom break all the stereo types of the typical gun shop personnel. They are nice guys with vast amounts of knowledge and skill...They also have a nice selection and can pretty much get whatever you want...Definitly worth going there first...

Plus $45 dollar FFL transfer NICS included...

Joe Savio

G S T

Lead Instructor
      [email protected]

• By Vini
      8 p.m. Saturday http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2013/08/jersey_city_man_shot_in_the_abdomen_on_armstrong_street_and_sterling_avenue.html

5:30 a.m. Sunday http://www.myfoxny.com/story/23249192/path-station-shooting

A bit earlier, Thursday. http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2013/08/two_men_injured_when_30_rounds_fire_in_jersey_city_today.html

Former and new mayors of JC are known members of Bloomberg's Mayors Against *Illegal* Guns, the group that memorialized Boston bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev  as a gun violence victim at their rally. 

How long would it take for Steve Fulop (new mayor, rising NJ Democrat star) to use those shootings against law abiding NJ gun owners?
    • By Kerouac32
      For anyone looking for a nice, new shop to attend in south jersey may I recommend Banger's. It's located at 840 Piney Hollow Rd in Winslow on the grounds of the South Jersey Shooting Club. It opened in April and ive been in three times now. Every employee there is knowledgeable, attentive, and personable. From now on I'm buying all of my guns and supplies from them basically because I'm tired of the attitude you get from the other 2 shops in the area. If you try to order something from the other places you hear, "yeah, uh, sorry...we just get what we get from the distributor." At Banger's it's completely different. They ordered me exactly what I wanted.

Just wanted to let you all know that you don't have to settle for crummy attitudes just because you're buying a gun. Besides, don't we get enough crumminess from the laws and the state itself?

-Jason

• I've watched a lot of "Mighty Ships" series on TV, as well as cruise ship series. It seems prevalent for large ships to have GPS tracking, and possibly guidance. So the path of this ship should be on record somewhere. And one critical fact would be whether or not as the ship approached the bridge it followed the correct path in the harbor channel. The conspiracy aspect would ask was  one of the electronic guidance/navigation systems hacked to put it on a collision course? I'm not anxious to find a terrorist attack. But if you'd asked me on September 10, 2001 what were the odds of four hijacked aircraft being successfully flown by amateurs into three iconic American structures... I will say there's not a doubt in my mind there are nasty people that crossed the border to cause trouble. I just can't be certain how, and how much.
    • It's been reported now that there were two harbor pilots on board and 21 crewmen. The article mentions that there were no cars on the bridge when it collapsed.   Actually, divers found two people trapped in their car.  They were recovered Tuesday afternoon. 
    • My CDefense has a way different bullet profile / ogive than my CDuty..............easy to tell apart.