Pizza Bob

New Jersey Firearm Purchase and Permitting Study Commission,

Christie likes the "outdoorsmen" of this state. The only group that has attracted his attention that he has met with for political reasons is the NJOA. (He has shunned any sort of interaction with the NJ2AS.) 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/webmavennj/4053626622/in/photostream/

Unfortunately, even with the current POTUS and the prospect of Clinton being the next POTUS the NRA needs NJ (and a few select other states) to remain behind enemy lines. It helps them drum up membership, dues and support.

how are you gonna drum up jersey support with saying" support us don't become like New Jersey"

Did I not get the mall ninja tactitool memo?

CC is a Republican (even if in name only), he's softened on gun issues since the 1990s, he's vetoed all the right legislation. Is he pro-gun in his heart of hearts? Almost certainly not, but he's far from hopeless on the issue.

You guys make me laugh with your "sending messages" and promises of soiled diapers, which can only be achieved by voting them out, which you lack the will to do. If you're too high on your horse to speak with someone like Christie wait until January, 2018, when the lion emerges from his slumber, hungry for a lavish dinner where we're the main course.

First. Christie has done plenty to hurt gun rights. Let's start with answering how many anti-2a attorney generals he put up against the drake case arguing that the 2a doesn't exist outside the home. The first of which, Paula dow, is now a judge that will continue to erode the 2a whenever she can.

Then there was that whole stopping the CMP from direct sales which was apparently legal for years without an issue

And he signed the terrorist watch list bill, which banned Americans from ownership without due process.

He doesn't support national reciprocity, which he obviously seems to know a problem a lack of reciprocity causes since he is pardoning a new person every few months that gets arrested for doing nothing wrong.

Then you talk about not lacking the balls to vote out the bums. Kinda hard when I don't live in Loretta weinberg's district. What have you done besides bitch about the situation to make it better?

how are you gonna drum up jersey support with saying" support us don't become like New Jersey"

Did I not get the mall ninja tactitool memo?

They don't care about NJ's support.  They can sacrifice NJ to the gun grabbers to ensure their membership ranks in the other states grow so they don't end up like us.

Would this be the commissioned report?

http://www.nj.gov/oag/library/SCV-Final-Report--10-13-15.pdf

I'm pretty sure it's not. It's only about violence (not gun/carry permit rules) and it says Christie requested it in 2013 in response to "mass violence." Sounds like it's Christie's state version of Obama's post-Newtown anti-gun study.

First. Christie has done plenty to hurt gun rights. Let's start with answering how many anti-2a attorney generals he put up against the drake case arguing that the 2a doesn't exist outside the home. The first of which, Paula dow, is now a judge that will continue to erode the 2a whenever she can.

Then there was that whole stopping the CMP from direct sales which was apparently legal for years without an issue

And he signed the terrorist watch list bill, which banned Americans from ownership without due process.

He doesn't support national reciprocity, which he obviously seems to know a problem a lack of reciprocity causes since he is pardoning a new person every few months that gets arrested for doing nothing wrong.

Then you talk about not lacking the balls to vote out the bums. Kinda hard when I don't live in Loretta weinberg's district. What have you done besides bitch about the situation to make it better?

In other words because he has not received an A+ rating from the NRA he's not worth talking to.

You guys claim he can change justifiable need by picking up the phone yet he's not worth talking to. Instead we should insult and exclude him from the discussion.

He and his AG have intervened in several important cases but we don't need that crap any more. Let the next Shaneen Allen rot in jail.

He's running nationally now in a lot of gun-friendly states but let's not give him the opportunity to clarify his positions on firearms, and hold his feet to the fire afterward. Let's not even try because he's not worth talking to.

By the standards of this forum my donation of time, money, and thought is fine. I posted frequently and followed up on my get-out-the-vote idea that nobody was interested in, including 99% of y'all and the state Republicans.

The problem, as stated many times, is a lack of coherent leadership state-wide and a total abandonment from national organizations. NRA has fought some tough battles during the last 25 years and won a good many of them, but they're totally absent in NJ except to ask for dues. I can expect spitefulness from the average Joe but we pay them to approach these problems professionally.

It's not that if he doesn't have an A+ rating he doesn't get to talk. But first, he's not even on the main stage anymore. So maybe they don't think he's a viable candidate to start. Plus it's not a long shot to say that every candidate that did show up to talk was ranked higher than him. He's a C+ at best. And that's because he's running for president and pretends he's pro gun.

In other words because he has not received an A+ rating from the NRA he's not worth talking to.

You guys claim he can change justifiable need by picking up the phone yet he's not worth talking to. Instead we should insult and exclude him from the discussion.

He and his AG have intervened in several important cases but we don't need that crap any more. Let the next Shaneen Allen rot in jail.

He's running nationally now in a lot of gun-friendly states but let's not give him the opportunity to clarify his positions on firearms, and hold his feet to the fire afterward. Let's not even try because he's not worth talking to.

By the standards of this forum my donation of time, money, and thought is fine. I posted frequently and followed up on my get-out-the-vote idea that nobody was interested in, including 99% of y'all and the state Republicans.

The problem, as stated many times, is a lack of coherent leadership state-wide and a total abandonment from national organizations. NRA has fought some tough battles during the last 25 years and won a good many of them, but they're totally absent in NJ except to ask for dues. I can expect spitefulness from the average Joe but we pay them to approach these problems professionally.

You don't get it, CC has not been proactive in protecting NJ gun rights. He has helped a few innocents get out of trouble but has not done anything to change the laws, not even try to bring it up. What makes you think he is good for the Country or worth talking to? 

You don't get it, CC has not been proactive in protecting NJ gun rights. He has helped a few innocents get out of trouble but has not done anything to change the laws, not even try to bring it up. What makes you think he is good for the Country or worth talking to?

He's anti gun history is coming out in the mainstream.

I didn't say he was good for the country or anything else. He's all we have at this point. He's the governor. He's a lot more receptive than the next one will be.

You want to wait until the right pro-gun governor comes along in this state go right ahead.

If the only people we dealt with were those who were 100% aligned with our views we'd still be living in caves. 

I didn't say he was good for the country or anything else. He's all we have at this point. He's the governor. He's a lot more receptive than the next one will be.

You want to wait until the right pro-gun governor comes along in this state go right ahead.

If the only people we dealt with were those who were 100% aligned with our views we'd still be living in caves. 

The only reason he got elected in the first place is because he was the lessor of the two evils, period. Thats the way NJ voters have been voting for years. As far as the next governor goes, I will no longer be living here so I don't care, thats your problem but you guys better step up and demand changes in open forums or things will never change.

Talking has not worked for the past 60+ years, prove me wrong...

CC still has opportunity to inspire the nation and propell forward by doing unthinkable - redefine justifiable need in NJ and get the bull by horns. Question is, does he has courage to do it ?

Can one of these poetic talking heads formulate a letter?

Listen to how CC is talking about the recent terrorist attack in Ca., he is calling for more surveillance on US citizens to try and track these guys!?!?!? 

While Trump and Cruz are saying that armed citizens could have prevented it from being as bad as it was.

CC is not pro-gun rights, period

Listen to how CC is talking about the recent terrorist attack in Ca., he is calling for more surveillance on US citizens to try and track these guys!?!?!? 

While Trump and Cruz are saying that armed citizens could have prevented it from being as bad as it was.

CC is not pro-gun rights, period

Two schools of thought within Repub... traditional, big-govt talking heads (Bush, CC etc) who is calling for NSA Domestic and those that (seem) to understand People (Trump, Cruz etc). You can bet your farm that NSA Domestic will be legal if the former gets into WH. Not sure what will happen if latter gets in. 

I'm not so sure. So far CC's been about as much help as Weinberg. If you compare his actions (as opposed to talk) to Obama's actions, Christie is the bigger anti. Those who blindly assume that an R is pro-gun and a D is anti-gun are clearly fools. If you are going to be a one issue voter, it is wise to check where a candidate stands on that issue.

It is true that the candidate in the R column is more likely to be on our side, but it's far from 100%. Turning NJ red is a pipe dream, it just ain't gonna happen and with the likes of CC, it wouldn't help. You want to make change in the voting booth, find the pro-gun candidates on either side of the aisle and get behind them. Face it, NJ is more likely to elect a few pro-gun Ds, than it is to elect significantly more Rs.

Remember, we are one of only a few states that deny us our rights, plenty of blue states are 2a friendly. Constitutional Carry is also known as Vermont Carry because it originated in that (blue) state.

I'm not so sure. So far CC's been about as much help as Weinberg. If you compare his actions (as opposed to talk) to Obama's actions, Christie is the bigger anti. Those who blindly assume that an R is pro-gun and a D is anti-gun are clearly fools. If you are going to be a one issue voter, it is wise to check where a candidate stands on that issue.

It is true that the candidate in the R column is more likely to be on our side, but it's far from 100%. Turning NJ red is a pipe dream, it just ain't gonna happen and with the likes of CC, it wouldn't help. You want to make change in the voting booth, find the pro-gun candidates on either side of the aisle and get behind them. Face it, NJ is more likely to elect a few pro-gun Ds, than it is to elect significantly more Rs.

Remember, we are one of only a few states that deny us our rights, plenty of blue states are 2a friendly. Constitutional Carry is also known as Vermont Carry because it originated in that (blue) state.

The problem with voting for pro-gun Dems is that you help the ant-gun Dems keep control of the legislature and the anti-gun stance they've had for decades.

So you believe that Governor Weinberg would have vetoed all those bills and pardoned all those individuals (or asked her AG for clarification that let them off). And future Gov. Sweeney will do the same. You believe that given the circumstances of CC's presidential run there were no opportunities, no openings, no possibility of holding his feet to the fire, nothing. You're still mad about that ad from 1993 aren't you? Admit it.

You prefer to await time travel and 7,000 heretofore undiscovered signatures, and crying in your beer. Amazing.

I have news for you: We now have nothing, no opening, no possibilities, no hope of moving forward. We're in far worse crap than we were six months ago, one year ago, etc. And just wait. By mid 2018 you'll be lighting candles at St. Alphonzo's, wishing that CC could run again. 

I wonder how some of you guys get through life, bitter and resentful, spiteful and dogmatic, unforgiving to the point of cutting off your own noses, unwilling to take advantage of the silver linings, few as they may be.

But don't feel so bad, our state leadership is right behind you. Encouraging you, lecturing on theology and constitutional law, riling you up, scoffing and threatening nobody, for nothing. 

Welcome to the hard-assed, insane world of New Jersey gun culture.

We should change the tagline of these forums to, "And through out efforts they all soiled their drawers."

So you believe that Governor Weinberg would have vetoed all those bills and pardoned all those individuals (or asked her AG for clarification that let them off). And future Gov. Sweeney will do the same. You believe that given the circumstances of CC's presidential run there were no opportunities, no openings, no possibility of holding his feet to the fire, nothing. You're still mad about that ad from 1993 aren't you? Admit it.

You prefer to await time travel and 7,000 heretofore undiscovered signatures, and crying in your beer. Amazing.

I have news for you: We now have nothing, no opening, no possibilities, no hope of moving forward. We're in far worse crap than we were six months ago, one year ago, etc. And just wait. By mid 2018 you'll be lighting candles at St. Alphonzo's, wishing that CC could run again.

I wonder how some of you guys get through life, bitter and resentful, spiteful and dogmatic, unforgiving to the point of cutting off your own noses, unwilling to take advantage of the silver linings, few as they may be.

But don't feel so bad, our state leadership is right behind you. Encouraging you, lecturing on theology and constitutional law, riling you up, scoffing and threatening nobody, for nothing.

We should change the tagline of these forums to, "And through out efforts they all soiled their drawers."

100% stainless guy here

I agree, considering the bevy of guns bills that have been proposed in the last few years, once CC is out and a Dem is running the show, expect 10 round mag limits and a full "assault weapons" ban, both with no grandfathering. Also likely is a prohibition on internet sales of ammo, ammo limits and perhaps background checks for ammo as well. One thing that is sure, NJ will lead the nation in gun laws.