M1152

PTAC parts?

PSA's PTAC line is the low end of the products Palmetto State Armory offers. When they first started that product line, it was plagued with problems.

That was a year or two ago. Things may have changed since then.

I have used the Premium CHF uppers, and have been extremely happy with them.

I should have updated the post.  I was undecided on the original post but after shopping around I ended up purchasing the upper assembly because I couldn’t purchase all the parts separately for that price. My theme was to do “budget build”.  The only knock on it was I removed their upper because it was a horrible fit on my lower which I figured was going to be the case.  I already had an Anderson upper & lower earmarked for the project so I stripped and sold the PTAC upper.  This was my first mid length gas system and it has been a blast to shoot since mid-summer.  I haven’t had any feeding or ejection issues and more importantly it will eat any ammo.  I even purchased some TulAmmo which is supposedly the worse AR platform ammo out there, I ran 5 boxes (100 rounds) though it and it didn’t miss a beat…

Not a bad price for a truck gun build. If it has a FN barrel (PSA uses FN barrels) even better.

I'm pretty sure the ptac doesn't use FN barrels. I'm almost certain that only the premium double chrome lined barrels are. Actually, I believe if you see double chrome lined CHF barrels anywhere (PSA, Noveske, Centurion Arms) they are FN barrels.

The generic PSA lower parts kit I saw was horrible quality. Front and rear take down pins not working right and general fit and finish problems compared to higher end LPK. I can't imagine a lower cost option being nicer.