younggun93

any place to get primers and powder in jersey?

i hear bullet hole has it, never been there, also there is a place in Warren Township called Garden State Armory that I never get to when they are open though (mostly evenings)

I also occasionally get stuff at Sarco in Easton or Heritage Guild in Easton.

Best bet for me over the long term has been to stop by Cabelas whenever I drive on I-78 in PA or I-95 in DE.

I just got some Vihtavuori from Garden State and they had Titegroup in stock too but it's because they're quite expensive there (products at about 1.5-2x what Powder Valley asks). But if you want something specific and you want it right now that's the deal.

I've recently bought from Cheyenne Mountian in Bordentown, CCI small and large pistol primers along with Bullseye, Unique and CFE pistol, CFE pistol works well for both 9 & 45. Wideners and Midsouth are also sources online, if you buy enough sometimes even with the Haz-Mat fee it's cheaper.

Bullet hole is has stuff. They used to have quite a lot till the last crunch. Not sure what they have now. Seems like reloading supplies are harder than ammo now.

Bullet hole is has stuff. They used to have quite a lot till the last crunch. Not sure what they have now. Seems like reloading supplies are harder than ammo now.

The crunch made reloaders out of a bunch of us!  I only started in the past 2  years.  Started with custom rifle ammo for an M1 Garand, but decided making my 9mm pills was a good alternative to hitting refresh on gunbot or cabelas.com

Garden State is OK. Their prices aren't terrible, I live five minutes away from Dunks and I stop at GS when I can.

Plus, they're super nice people. They don't pick up the phone much, but respond to emails instantly. They were nice enough to open early so my dad could pick up a few things.

The folks at Garden State are pretty cool.  You can tell them what you need and they will hold it for you.

If you are reloading a ton and have very specific powders, places like Powder Valley are great.  The problem is the hazmat, shipping and watching their website like a hawk will kill you.  When I needed N320, it was nice and easy to drive over and pick up a pound or two from the folks at Garden State without paying $40 in hazmat and shipping.  The folks at Garden State have just about every powder out there as they seem well stocked.  You can always call ahead and ask.

It would not be worth driving the long distance out to these different places if you only need a little bit of powder.  Sarco is a little bit cheaper than Garden State and Heritage Guild in Easton.  Cabelas pricing is a bit high.  Factor in gas and toll, Garden State is cheaper for me.  Also, if you buy a 4 pounds at a time, the folks at Garden State may give you a discount.

I have a few places I go to further out west in PA which has pretty good pricing but they do not stock the powder I use the most.  I usually stock up on all the other stuff when I go out there.

I was wondering why more people didn't say Soloman's ? I never made it there yet, and can't get through to him by phone but I heard great stuff about him.

in my case distance. i am far enough north to make the drive more expensive than Hazmat fees and I don't have another reason to head towards Farmingdale....

In fact, I try to buy all my ammo/powder, etc. while driving for other tasks when possible. Sometimes that task is putting lead down-range of course :-)

I have purchased at T&T as well. He has limited hours, but easy to get to if you are in Easton area. Friendly, had some good advice when I first started pistol reloading and a fair amount of inventory even when things were really tight.

You will just about never get in touch with Solomons with a phone.  So many people call that Gene takes the phone off the hook so he can deal with the line that is usually there.  After the line is gone he will put the phone back on the hook and it will ring within a minute.

Ken

Where is TnT located. I tried to find it once before and was never able too

The website now gives the street address, and the fact that it is across from the cemetery--that gives you a fighting chance to find it.  

Not that long ago, the street address wasn't published on the website, and the 'directions' were so vague as to be useless.    It seemed like someone was going out of their way to make sure the place was never found--and of course you couldn't call for directions, because as a matter of policy, it seems, the phone goes unanswered.

That said, once you find it, you'll probably be glad you did.   

I just pay the hazmat. After a few years of doing the math I realized that between gas, higher local prices, and my own time there is no real benefit from buying reloading components locally. 

I hate to say it but in my experience this one of those times where there is no point to trying to support local business, which I normally would prefer to do. This may a an issue with my location and shops around me, and maybe it make sense if you live near one of the shops that stock powder and primers AND have hours that are not odd.

Gene or Bill doen't answer the phone because there is usually a line of customers at both counters!

Salomon Shooters Supplies

42 Yellowbrook Rd,

Farmingdale, NJ 07727

(732) 938-2189

Regular Hours

Wed6:30 pm - 9:00 pm Fri6:30 pm - 9:00 pm Sun1:00 pm - 4:00 pm

And if he doesn't have what you want, he'll usually order it.  I've yet to ask for reloading supplies except presses & lead bullets that he doesn't have in stock ... plus Goex black powder!

The website now gives the street address, and the fact that it is across from the cemetery--that gives you a fighting chance to find it.  

Not that long ago, the street address wasn't published on the website, and the 'directions' were so vague as to be useless.    It seemed like someone was going out of their way to make sure the place was never found--and of course you couldn't call for directions, because as a matter of policy, it seems, the phone goes unanswered.

That said, once you find it, you'll probably be glad you did.

Because TNT is not in Easton its on 11 Main Street Stockertown,PA

Across the cemetery and the sign on the door says Computer Repair.

If you are going all the way out to TNT or Heritage Guild in Easton, stop at SARCO in the little strip mall before Heritage. They almost always have a couple of different types of pistol powder and primers in stock. Also the older gunsmith whose name escapes me at the moment said that if you call in advance he can often get many other pistol powders for you even in the 4# or 8# sizes.