owadj01

Strangest Reasons you "Cleared your Residence"

I heard a loud crash and glass breaking. After clearing the house I realized a suction cup mirror had detached from the medicine cabinet mirror and shattered in the sink in one of the bathrooms. Scared the crap out of me.

Squirrel got in, ran over a book shelf and knocked them all over in the middle of the night.

Another time I came home with a few friends and saw a panel knocked out of the garage door, we were home from college on break and I was there with a couple of the guys I played football with.  We caught 2 guys up stairs in the house and basically threw them down the stairs.  Just then realized that they were my brother's friends and my brother broke in to because he lost his key.  Scared the crap out of them.

Very large pet Boa constrictor escaped from its cage that I forgot to secure the top on properly. she climbed up on a white marlin mount and ripped it off the wall. the snake and mount came down in a huge crash at about 2am. me and my old dog cleared the house together until we found the culprit trying to flee the seen of the crime LOL. Talk about raising my blood pressure.  

Found a 3 foot snake skin in my shed a couple days ago. "Calmly walked" back to the house and grabbed my 11-87 and my buck nighthawk (my .40c is always on me...). Kicked in the door and cleared the shed buy found nothing. My fiancé sees me out there with the shotty and asked what's up. When I showed her the snake skin she goes "what's that exploding target stuff....can we load the shed up with it?"

Fire alarm goes off in the middle of the night.  When one goes they all go. Get up, no fire, smoke nothing. Back to bed, Goes off again. Get up, nothing.  Take down unit and out comes a spider. Go figure.

Big glass breaking sound from downstairs. I was still awake. My thought was I need to get downstairs before someone gets upstairs. Since the only firearm I had at the time was inoperative.... because I had to use a NJ compliant tube mag that didn't work....... the weapon of choice was an aluminum bat.

I expected to find broken sliding door glass. Was thinking someone broke in through the sliding glass door but the dog wasn't barking. So I wasn't sure what the hell was going on.

I flip on the light and see our German Shorthair having a nice snack of the cake we left in a big pyrex dish on the counter. We forgot to stick in the microwave so he couldn't get it. He's actually jumped on our counter to grab loaves of bread. He's relentless.

One of those heart pounding moments... That turned into... "Are you kidding me! Go lay down!"

Heard a loud thump that sounded like it was on the roof, and then another on the side of the house at about 2am.  Cleared the house then took a look outside to find the metal chimney cap standing straight up in the grass.  Wind took it off, scared the crap out of me.

Alarm went off 2:30am, look at the keypad, mud room motion was tripped...turned out some deer walking thru the yard, were close to the window and tripped the motion...we now have drapes in the mud room lol. I've never gone from a dead sleep to most alert ever till that night lol.

Housemate's turtle started throwing rocks at the side of its aquarium. I thought that someone was messing with a window. Cleared the bedroom level, saw the stupid turtle and went back to bed.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Alarm went off, front door sensor.  Cleared the second floor, went downstairs, door was locked.  Cleared the downstairs then went back to the front door and noticed that the cover from the sensor was partially removed.  This was 2 days after I had my house painted, painters must have loosened the sensor cover.  The next day my wife was making fun of me, walking around the house in my underwear with a 357 at 2am. 

Ghosts.

I'm not saying I believe in ghosts, I kinda don't after not experiencing anything definitive for a very long time. I'm open-minded to everything but really don't believe in any of it.

When I was a teen I was home alone and heard somebody walking up the steps that led to the hallway of the bedrooms. I was in my bedroom. This was not a creak or a groan of the house, this was a person walking up the steps. The house alarm was on and there was no way for anybody to get in undetected. The place was sealed tight.

Then the person walked right up to the closed door of my bedroom and stopped. I grabbed a rifle and opened the door. Just before I opened the door I heard them walk into my parents' bedroom. When I got in the hallway I took it off safe and it fired full auto without touching the trigger.* I actually backed into my bedroom because I had the SOB cornered and grabbed a Winchester .30-30. Went into my parents' bedroom and it was empty. WTF do I do now? WTF is going on?

The bullets went into the floor and one went into the molding (good muzzle discipline). I never told my parents. I went away on vacation by myself (yes as a teen) and they replaced the carpet and redid the hallway, including the molding, before I returned. They never asked me about it.

A couple weeks after I returned I was wrestling or screwing around with a friend in my room (no homo) while nobody was home. We heard somebody walking up the steps, not a word was said between us. But I saw the look on his face and I'm sure the look on my face was about the same. We listened until the person walked down the hallway and right up to my bedroom door and stopped. I think he grabbed the Winchester and I grabbed a handgun and we swung open the door ready to blast. Nothing. We searched the whole house. My friend was far more frightened than me. He was scared shitless. I told him the story from weeks earlier when this happened to me. He got really freaked out and was hesitant to come over my house anymore. But it went away.

A few things happened in the recent years leading up to us moving in there. Someone hung themselves in the house. My new "stepfather" was robbed in a very serious home invasion and I don't think I ever got the full story. I know it was incredibly violent and he said things that happened or didn't happen that didn't make sense. The police were absolutely nuts about the place, having run into them a few times, due to the history of the house and the home invasion. We had a couple false alarms while living there and when they showed up en masse they mentioned they were concerned due to the history. I got the same from the Chief of Police during a meeting at the station to get a family FID renewed. Just very vague, but very alarming.

There were obvious bullet hole and shotgun blast repairs in the house. The neighbors would never tell me what was up except that there had been some issues there, asked me what I knew, and let the cat slip once that somebody hung themselves there before I moved in but that was obviously not the full extent of it.

*The firearm was later confirmed to have a repeatable defect.

Laying in bed. Security camera picks up motion out front. Pull up camera to see someone walking around the side of my house. Get downstairs turn on backyard light to find my dad throwing a newspaper away in my trashcan. He was taking a walk around the neighborhood at night and passed my house and picked up a old wet paper in my driveway. At least I got to show him my new 10mm.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

3am the I here loud music coming from the living room and I can see light coming from under the bedroom door. I grab my weapon and slowly open the door to notice the computer is on in the other room. WTH...so I clear all the rooms on the way to the computer.

Finally get there and notice the puter is running a security scan I had set up for 3am every Wednesday but this time the wife hit sleep mode with one of her radio stations playing so it continued playing when the Pc started back up. Talk about heart pumping......

I'll preface this story by saying I dont believe in ghosts.

My wife and I live in a 60 year old 3 bedroom Cape in South Jersey. No kids. We have a dog.

This happened a few years ago.

My wife was blow drying her hair in the master bathroom. I know she never walked away from the hair dryer, because I could hear the pitch change (Doppler) of the hair dryer as she moved it around to dry her hair.

I was sitting in my chair in the living room, watching the news. I was NOT drinking.......not a drop of bourbon had touched my lips.

I saw movement out of the corner of my eye. I looked up, and I saw an dark haired old woman (wife is blonde and considerably younger) peering around the corner from the kitchen, looking at me.

I KNOW what I saw.

I very calmly got up, and grabbed my pistol, and cleared the house. Nothing. Wife never missed a beat drying her hair, and never knew that I had just done a full security sweep of the house.

Dog never barked.

I chalked it up to a long day, and let it go. Never told my wife about it because I was a bit embarrassed at my own silliness.

About a year ago, I was talking to one of my neighbors, who grew up next door to my house.

I told him what happened, and described the figure who peered around the corner at me.

He said..."that's Theo! The original owner of the house!!" The hair stood up on the back of my neck.

He went on to tell me she loved that house, and was meticulous about it. Described her to a 't', and she was exactly what I saw that evening.

We have heard some strange crap in the house since then, but never had a 'sighting' of Theo again. We do have objects in the house move quite frequently. My wife collects old glass/ceramic electrical line insulators. She places them in the kitchen window. We find them moved around, even swapping order, on a regular basis. I know it's not me moving them, and I know she wouldn't make that shit up.

I'm not going to say that I believe in ghosts or anything, but I DID see something I am unable to explain in my own home.

Had anyone told me that story, I'd say they are full of bovine excrement, but I saw that with my own eyes.

Displaced Texan:

That is a chilling experience..... I believe you!

Do you know if Theo died in her (your) house?

By chance, had you recently eaten any of your favorite Texas brisket barbecue?

We know that it's wonderful taste can sometimes produce delirious hallucinations in some diners.....

AVB-AMG

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk