owadj01

Strangest Reasons you "Cleared your Residence"

AVB,

My understanding is that she did not pass away in the house, but died in a nearby hospital. I hear she loved the house dearly. She was, by all reports from neighbors who knew her, quite meticulous about the inside and outside of the house.

I had not consumed any brisket, Tex-Mex, or bourbon prior to the incident. Lol

I'll add that I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

Krdshrk:

Any fatal construction accidents during the construction of your building that you are aware of.... Any Mob informants mixed into the concrete of your building's structure? You never know.....

Just saying.....

Our house was built in 1930 so it is just a matter of time before we experience something unnatural.

AVB-AMG

I love all of the ghost stories!  

That's all I have except for the Jersey Devil sandpit shootout which you already read.

Today I don't believe in ghosts. If you asked me when I was a teen, after those two incidents, it was pretty damn obvious there are ghosts. And I would not have been wrong, I would have been right. I guess some things in life just come down to what you want to deal with. There are a lot of people that think Russia would never nuke us. Wouldn't matter unless or until they did.

First World problems.

My Grandma's house was haunted. The people who actually saw the ghost include Air Force officers, WWII vet, PhD mathematician working for DARPA, and family members with various professional licenses. There is no doubt it was real. I never saw anything, that's the way I like it, so I just choose not to believe since it seems not to matter anyway.

Mipa and Texan. Pretty creepy stories. Only one i ever heard that I gave some credibility to was the one my mother told me about the sailor her and her mother saw in our old house in jersey city. She said they say someone pacing in the front living room when they were in the kitchen, which was down the hall to the back of the house. Back then ..1930s and 40s....people dropped in to say hi all the time so it wasn't unusual to see someone besides them in the house. If a friend saw my grandfather in the house they would usually just come in and visit. But the way I remember the story, my grandmother wanted to see who it was and went up front and no one was there. This happened a few times. When they asked around if anyone saw a someone in uniform in the neighborhood, someone told them that before they moved in a young sailor hung himself in the downstairs coat closet. My mother said the sailor sounded a lot like the person they saw in their house.

I don't know the exact year this happened, but i may ask my mom tomorrow. She's 88.

No room clearing involved, but my maternal grandmother was a fireball from what I've been told. She wouldn't need a gun. A broom would have worked fine if she found an intruder.

And the moral of this story was...my grandmother told my mother, who was probably about 10 or 12 at the time...."The dead can't hurt you sweetheart. It's the living that you have to watch out for."

How true.