n4p226r

Has anyone experienced this glock grip problem?

On a full size gen 4 glock 17

The trigger finger goes into the trigger guard at a downward angle naturally. But the trigger finger, when touching the trigger puts a lot of pressure on the inside of the finger just near where the pin is in the frame. This doesn't happen to me, I seem to get a slight gap between my finger and the frame but it makes the glock unshootsble for my uncle. Thoughts?

Putting Too much finger on the trigger is the only way I can replicate the problem personally. He insists that he cannot operate the trigger safety with less finger on the trigger. He's pretty much set on selling the g17 and buying a vp9 but I figured I'd look into it as well.

The best way way to visualize it is to look at this picture.

http://progunfighter.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/trigger-pulls2.jpg

His finger looks like the right side but it doesn't stick out of the trigger guard on the other side like that. And since his finger is straight it puts pressure on the side of his finger where it contacts the frame.

I am wondering if his wrist is bent instead of straight causing an issue that way

sometimes..people wanting something new create/over exaggerate a small issue to justify the purchase to themselves/others.....im with H.E. saying its operator error as opposed to a design issue with glock....furthermore...if its not an excuse to justify purchase to self/spouse etc...and operator error.. it will most likely be present on any pistol other than those with ridiculous bore axis ..which may present a whole different challenge for some.....lol

only issue i have with the gen3/4 blocks is the trigger guards added width and square edge digs into the middle joint on middle finger and in fifty rounds or so i have a hard knot.....a slight rounding over of the offending edge resolves the issue and allows all day shooting...

Interesting topic to me... I have been dealing with a consistent shoot to the left with my G4 17 for a long time. I know it's me, others shoot the gun fine. I was at a class yesterday with Joe from sights and triggers. In 5 mins he fixed the issue, problem is I need to slide my grip a bit off of what would be center of my grip more toward the trigger, as I am pushing the gun at the break. I think the issue is I have short fat fingers. The grip was uncomfortable to me, this could be just breaking a habit, or that the glock is to wide for my hand. I have been thinking about this all night, and wanting to try a vp9 and see. I have shot the PPQ/m2 and don't have the issue. But I don't like how lite the break is.

I wonder, does your uncle have stubby fingers?

Does he suffer from arthritis or other hand problems? It is possible certain angles just don't work for him if he has any loss of hand mobility.

At the end of the day, don't fight a tool that doesn't work for you, no matter what the reason. Find one that does, life is to short to worry about shooting one gun well if you can shoot others easier.

At the end of the day, don't fight a tool that doesn't work for you, no matter what the reason. Find one that does, life is to short to worry about shooting one gun well if you can shoot others easier.

Should put that at the top of the forum among the best quotes. Seriously.