Lecky

What a feel

Last week I picked up a S&W 2.5" 686 revolver, while I was waiting for my nics to come back I was checking out some of the merchandise. I've been looking at getting a compact 45. I was looking at the glock and a couple others then I put the Springfield xds 3.3" in my hand and I was blown away how comfortable it felt, so of course I had to put a deposit on it. Anybody else have any experience with this gun?

I have one and love it. Very controllable and smooth. If you're nearby I'm at WP range a lot when I'm in town. You can try mine before I pack it for Florida. It's going to be one of my CCW guns.

I like how it feels in my hand, but didn't like shooting it. It's hard to describe, but the "beavertail" directs recoil onto the knuckle at the base of my thumb and isn't very comfortable.

I've had one since they came out...sent it back for the recall, and I'm still happy with it. This gun FEELS really great, especially with the larger mag. It conceals really well, and it's the piece I most often put in my back pocket for "at home" carry. Shoots very well too.