MK25 V

Shotgun Clay Ranges? Looking for fields to shoot

Is there any fields or places that is legal where you can bring your own stuff (like clays (which seem not to badly priced at DICK's), Disc Thrower, Rifle, and Equipment)?

Really looking for a private place without spending too much money and traveling to PA. Looking to shoot at some clays with friends and family and have fun without the stress of rushing in your allotted 1hr time limit.

I just got into Clay shooting and I am loving it a lot. I need to hangout with more people into the same interests but it's hard to find the time to get away.

I know it sounds crazy but just crossing fingers for some help.

NJ Wildlife Management Areas (WMA) sometimes have open fields for shot gunning. One person in the party needs to have a valid NJ hunting lisence. Some of the ranges have been closed so find an updated list.

Some private clubs have shotgun fields, but you have to become a member.

Good Luck.

Many WMA'S around the state have clay ranges. Best way to go. A hunting license is $28 annually. That's the cheapest gun club around. You bring your own stuff. As Lalo said we usually do a monthly shootout at Clinton, come join us sometime. Everyone is friendly, and we usually bring a plethora of shotguns between us all. Nice way to try out something new.

There's also this place in Chester open to the public 2 day's a week. http://www.claytargetsonline.com/location/chester-game-association/

And Lehigh Valley Sporting Clays is a great place, if you don't mind driving out to Allentown PA.

OBRPC has a shotgun field where you can bring your own equipment.

I wouldn't rule out North Jersey Clay Target Club for trap.  It's pretty relaxed and friendly.  You don't need to be a member to shoot there and it's not that busy if you go off-peak.

Thanks for the good ideas.

I just became a member at Lehigh Valley in PA and I think it's a great place. Lots of friendly people and you go at a comfortable pace. I get a free lower gun with the membership but may get my own but there is just too many to choose from.   :hunter: Need help deciding on a Clay Stick. Funny thing is the loaner gun at Lehigh is $2000! Wonder how the Tristar guns are? Don't need anything fancy just something reliable.

Thanks for the good ideas.

I just became a member at Lehigh Valley in PA and I think it's a great place. Lots of friendly people and you go at a comfortable pace. I get a free lower gun with the membership but may get my own but there is just too many to choose from. :hunter: Need help deciding on a Clay Stick. Funny thing is the loaner gun at Lehigh is $2000! Wonder how the Tristar guns are? Don't need anything fancy just something reliable.

I currently have a Tristar I got used an like it gun has a tight fit and seems nice it is not going to be a 10000 round a year gun but if you go a few times a month it should hold up fine

Related to topic question.

I want to try shooting clay at "Thunder Mountain Skeet & Trap Shooting Center" tomorrow with a couple [not-shooting] friends. Never did it before and do not own shotgun yet. Is this place to go or there are other recommendations? Maybe some place where I can rent O/U shotgun?