Lalo

Shotgun Shootout! @ Clinton WMA Sunday 8/16

UPDATE - Had a great meet on 8/9, but there were others who expressed interest in the following Sunday 8/16. Leaving this open for anyone to "sign up" if they want to get together and bust clays that day.

This meet is open to anyone that wants to bust clays in a safe manner joined by people of similar likes and passions. Everyone stresses safety 100% of the time and should be compelled to raise an issue or call someone out if they see anything unsafe going on. Forum members often bring friends and family and as long as they follow the safety rules, everyone ends up having a great time.

If you do not own a shotgun:

- Yes you can still come and hang out with the group

- Yes you can buy some clays and ammo and borrow someone's shotgun (I have no problem lending mine and most if not all people we've shot with don't have a problem with it either)

- and have never shot a moving target up in the air, there are plenty of experienced people in the group that would love you coach you and have you busting clays in no time. I shot my first ever clay with a shotgun at the first meet we had a few years back.

WHERE: Clinton WMA clay range in Clinton, NJ

ADDRESS: 26 New Jersey 173 Hampton, NJ 08827

WHEN: Sunday 8/9

TIME: 9am at the Clay range

916a55b668a35ef0805dd06afac845f2_zpsabe7

Please try and bring everything you can in terms of a gun, ammo, and clays. A rough check list of what to bring:

- Gun(s)

- Ammo (birdshot #7, 7.5, 8)

- Clays

- Thrower if you have one

- Eyes and ears

- Shell pouch

- Beverages/snacks

- Weather appropriate clothing

- Chair

If you can't bring some things, we will have plenty of stuff there. If you've never shot a shotgun before, an experienced shooter will try working with you to be able to dust a clay by the end of the day!

Gun rules to remember:

- Always treat a gun as if it was loaded

- Keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to shoot

- Never point the muzzle at anything you're not willing to destroy

- Always be aware of you're target/line of fire

- Keep all guns unloaded until you're on the firing line

We need at least one person with the group to have a hunting license. If you're coming, please reply to this thread and note if you are bringing a thrower and/or have a license.

See you at the range!

Thanks for making up for me slacking, Lalo. Summers are always super busy with me with working a lot combined with plans on the weekend so it gets hectic. Once September gets here I should be less busy and will be on top of organizing shootouts, hopefully two a month.

They have Hunters Ed on the 15th

Northern Region Office, Clinton WMA

26 RT. 173 WEST

HAMPTON, NJ 08827 Date: 08/15/2015

Time: 08:00 AM

Length: 4 - 6 HOURS 17 80 Bow, Firearms

Thanks Damjan, I always forget to check the hunters Ed courses. I removed the 15th from the poll.

Oh and by the way, I finally got a hold of my new favorite Mossy...

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

RF, are you going to keep us in suspense and wait until we see you at the range to tell us what's in the box? C'mon!

4291947-7195965412-whats.jpg

I'm tied up the first two weekends in August, for the Sussex County Farm and Horse show. I have to work our federation of sportsmens clubs tent sat and sun both weekends. Arnold donated 4 cases of clay birds to us before moving to Florida. I picked them up last week, thanks again Arnold and good luck with your move to America! I'm good for any other weekend. With my thrower.

I'm tied up the first two weekends in August, for the Sussex County Farm and Horse show. I have to work our federation of sportsmens clubs tent sat and sun both weekends. Arnold donated 4 cases of clay birds to us before moving to Florida. I picked them up last week, thanks again Arnold and good luck with your move to America! I'm good for any other weekend. With my thrower.

My pleasure Steve.  Arrived back in FL safely.