Budasac

Finally bought my first AR!

Well I finally did it. Everyone should have at least one AR and after putting it off for ever I finally picked one up. I found a Bushmaster for sale locally and it seemed like a good deal so I jumped on it.

I do have a S&W M&P 15-22, but I don't really count that as an AR since it's .22lr.

Anyway here she is:

4300914_01_bushmaster_a3_rifle_with_20_i

I am actually starting to grow to like the whole classic carry handle thing.. I am not sure if I am growing to like it enough to own one.. but who knows.. nice purchase.. 

I can't believe how cheap ARs have gone.. remember that short period of time where ALL ARs were like a million dollars... LOL

I am actually starting to grow to like the whole classic carry handle thing.. I am not sure if I am growing to like it enough to own one.. but who knows.. nice purchase..

I can't believe how cheap ARs have gone.. remember that short period of time where ALL ARs were like a million dollars... LOL

Some sellers haven't realized they've gone down.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I saw that one, was waiting to see how long it would last or if the price dropped. Sort of thing I am looking for, a 20" barrel and useful for NRA competition. Not that I am any good, just would like to try with an AR, rather than M1 for a change

I wasn't planning on shooting it in competition but I do shoot Standard Pistol Bullseye matches so, maybe I'll give rifle a try as well. I'll have to look into it a little.

The carry handle is detachable so I can mount a scope on it if I wanted but, I was specifically looking for a classic style rifle so I'll likely leave it just the way it is.  The only change I plan to make is toi add a Magpul grip. (the stock grip is too small for my hands.)

I'll be sure to post a range report as soon as i get a chance to shoot it. (may be a while though.)

I wasn't planning on shooting it in competition but I do shoot Standard Pistol Bullseye matches so, maybe I'll give rifle a try as well. I'll have to look into it a little.

The carry handle is detachable so I can mount a scope on it if I wanted but, I was specifically looking for a classic style rifle so I'll likely leave it just the way it is. The only change I plan to make is toi add a Magpul grip. (the stock grip is too small for my hands.)

I'll be sure to post a range report as soon as i get a chance to shoot it. (may be a while though.)

Too small for your hand? Jesus. What kind of 'squatch paw do you have?

Too small for your hand? Jesus. What kind of 'squatch paw do you have?

I'm only 5'9" but I have big hands. I could palm a basketball when I was 16. The Magpul grip is a little thicker and feels more comfortable to me.

Looks like a post ban but pre Freedom Group XM 15?

For service rifle competition, you might not get the accuracy potential with the stock chrome lined barrel.  The stock trigger would be a huge hinderance too.

Eric

Well I finally did it. Everyone should have at least one AR and after putting it off for ever I finally picked one up. I found a Bushmaster for sale locally and it seemed like a good deal so I jumped on it.

I do have a S&W M&P 15-22, but I don't really count that as an AR since it's .22lr.

Anyway here she is:

Posted Image

Where did you pick it up. I've been looking at one they want $699. Then i saw the same one online for $575 w/case, then $12.00 shipping and then transfers etc.. would make it $650 ish. Was gonna see if they would come close. They have about 25 of them left.

Where did you pick it up. I've been looking at one they want $699. Then i saw the same one online for $575 w/case, then $12.00 shipping and then transfers etc.. would make it $650 ish. Was gonna see if they would come close. They have about 25 of them left.

It was a private sale. Found it on Armslist.

Swap out that trigger (if it is stock) for a Velocity drop in 3.5 lb. Trigger. Costs about 135 shipped

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

If your going to shoot CMP ATC with it the trigger needs to be 4.5 lbs. Minimum. Get the Geissele 2 stage high speed national match.

If your going to shoot CMP ATC with it the trigger needs to be 4.5 lbs. Minimum. Get the Geissele 2 stage high speed national match.

Ahh i didnt realize he was shooting matches with it. Disregard

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I am actually starting to grow to like the whole classic carry handle thing.

I like the carry handle look on short rifles with standard furniture too.  Like the ones used by Robert DeNiro and Val Kilmer in Heat.

I like the carry handle look on short rifles with standard furniture too.  Like the ones used by Robert DeNiro and Val Kilmer in Heat.

I believe in Heat they're using A1C7 uppers w/CAR stocks.

If you want to purchase the same quality original Bushmaster rifle, look at Windham Weaponry. AFAIK, ammo is going to be limited as the BBL's come in 1/9 twist only.

I believe in Heat they're using A1C7 uppers w/CAR stocks.

If you want to purchase the same quality original Bushmaster rifle, look at Windham Weaponry. AFAIK, ammo is going to be limited as the BBL's come in 1/9 twist only.

Colt 733's with 11.5" Barrels and CAR stocks.  Fixed carry handles, not removable.

Budasac, I'm pretty sure that I looked at that exact rifle a few weeks ago.  Was the seller's name Andy?  If so, I decided not to buy it since the barrel was quite loose and I was concerned that there might be other issues with the rifle.  I'm hoping that he either had the barrel tightened before he sold it to you or made you aware of the issue.