Silence Dogood

FL CCW holder arrested in Jersey City

I am sure this has been said often on the board, but do they not have better things to do in Jersey than harrass decent gun owners? Are there not cities like Camden and Newark they can deal with, or are they afraid to get tough there because it might tick off part of the liberal voting base.

Q1: No, harassing gun owners is a priority.

Q2: Yes, they are afraid of losing their vote.

As long as she has no prior criminal record, as per the AG directive, they may have no choice but to give her PTI.

I think if heat is put on the prosector they may bend and offer PTI. But they probably don't feel compelled even considering the AG directive if they think they can get away with going for jail time.

Meanwhile, in NY..." ‘Honest mistakes’: Tourists face jail time for declaring legal handguns at NYC landmarks" http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/08/05/honest-mistakes-tourists-face-jail-time-for-declaring-legal-handguns-at-nyc/

Unreal. And observe the hubris of these two slime balls from some anti-gun groups.

--------

"We hear a lot of rhetoric from the pro-gun movement about 'responsible gun ownership,'" said Ladd Everitt, communications director for the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence. "Walking into the 9/11 Memorial with two loaded, semiautomatic handguns in a backpack isn't it.

"We should also contemplate how paranoid someone has to be to think they need two handguns to visit a place of peaceful reflection in the 10th safest major city in the world," he said.

Leah Barrett, executive director of New Yorkers Against Gun Violence, described Elderli's actions as "foolish," saying New York and Texas couldn't be more dissimilar when it comes to gun laws.

"New York has very strict concealed carry permits and tough gun laws overall compared to Texas, where you can bring guns onto college campuses," Barrett said. "It’s a free-for-all down there."

----------

If THEIR ignorance finds them on the wrong end of some thugs illegal gun... And we read about them becoming part of NYC's long and distinguished murder list, I may just have to laugh about it.

Safe city? Tell that to the people from out of town that take the wrong subway late at night. Well... The one's that aren't dead.....

Its like Chicago claiming to be 17th safest major city in the WORLD. Doesnt mean a fly.  Morning and Evening News are littered with gang shootings, rape of 70+ year old women (how desperate the perps got to be ?), robbing, etc.  NYC is no less. 

So yes, New York and Texas couldn't be more dissimilar when it comes to crime in comparison to lawful firearm ownership, with NYC topping the charts on crime.  All courtesy of NYC unconstitutional laws that put 70+ year old women (and disadvantaged) at risk of rape in elevators and on the street corners.  

Since when was being in 10th place something to brag about!? How's this, called the truth, sound for a slogan. "NewYork City....10th saftest city in the world. Where you're kinda, sorta safe!"

Give it time.....DiBlasio will get that ranking got the wrong way. If he gets a second term NYC will probably rate below Baghdad.

Give it time.....DiBlasio will get that ranking got the wrong way. If he gets a second term NYC will probably rate below Baghdad.

When I think two terms of Warren Wilhelm.... ( his real name....two names ago ) ... I think more .... Stalingrad......rather than Baghdad.

Not true.

Some federal property is a no-go specifically, but there is no blanket prohibition. National parks are legal as examples. The Statue of Liberty is a National park. There may be a specific federal prohibition on the Statue of Liberty grounds (I do not know), but by default possession of a firearm is legal there if it is legal by the laws of the State in which it is located.

Too many gun owners are quick to criticize their peers over subjects they do not even understand themselves.

I use to be a park ranger at the Statue of Liberty.  You are not allowed to carry onto the island.  The only people allowed to carry onto the island are US Park Police, NY and NJ law enforcement and other federal officers.  Cops from any other state have to turn their weapons over at the ferry terminals in NY or NJ.  And NY and NJ and federal LEOs cannot carry into the monument, their weapons have to be secured with park police prior to entering.  Only people allowed to carry into the Statue are USPP and the one LE park ranger.

I use to be a park ranger at the Statue of Liberty.  You are not allowed to carry onto the island.  The only people allowed to carry onto the island are US Park Police, NY and NJ law enforcement and other federal officers.  Cops from any other state have to turn their weapons over at the ferry terminals in NY or NJ.  And NY and NJ and federal LEOs cannot carry into the monument, their weapons have to be secured with park police prior to entering.  Only people allowed to carry into the Statue are USPP and the one LE park ranger.

How long ago was this? Times have changed. Federal parks default to state laws on carry now.

How long ago was this? Times have changed. Federal parks default to state laws on carry now.

They probably figure the Statue worthy of extra security precautions.

The Park Service has adopted the state law wherever the park is with one exception as I understand it. You cannot carry into buildings where park employees normally work. If you have a permit and go to Sandy Hook you can carry to buy a hot dog at the concession staND or use the bathroom. You can't carry into the Visitor's Center or a Park Service office.

They probably figure the Statue worthy of extra security precautions.

The Park Service has adopted the state law wherever the park is with one exception as I understand it. You cannot carry into buildings where park employees normally work. If you have a permit and go to Sandy Hook you can carry to buy a hot dog at the concession staND or use the bathroom. You can't carry into the Visitor's Center or a Park Service office.

Same in the Ranger Stations out west. Kind of stupid. I could carry in the Grand Canyon Park and other parks we visited, but go into the ranger station for a map or ask a question and you weren't "supposed" to be carrying.