High Exposure

2 shot, in serious condition at PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel

Wow! I wonder what kind of backlash this will have for us. A shooting, in a state with draconian gun laws, in a public place. I wonder if the shooter knew or cared that he was breaking some laws by carrying a gun....

One Dead After Shooting At PNC Arts Center In Holmdel; Shooter Reportedly On Loose

http://patch.com/new-jersey/middletown-nj/s/f5vm5/update-one-dead-after-shooting-at-pnc-arts-center-in-holmdel-shooter-reportedly-on-loose?utm_source=alert-breakingnews&utm_medium=email&utm_term=police%20%26%20fire&utm_campaign=alert

A second person also was shot but that person's condition is unknown; the shooter ran into the woods after the shooting, police said.

By TOM DAVIS and KAREN WALL

UPDATED 12:20 a.m: One person has died after being shot at the PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel late Monday night, according to a report.

Kyle Mazza ‏@KyleMazzaWUNFof WUNF and the Connecticut School of Broadcast tweeted that police had confirmed one of the two people injured, a male in his 20s, had died of multiple gunshot wounds en route to the hospital.

MIDNIGHT: Two people were shot and wounded late Monday outside the PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel, police said.

The shooting happened outside the venue just after 11 p.m., according to New Jersey State Police, as reported by CBS2 and various Twitter sources.

The shooter ran into the woods after the shooting, police said in the report.

Two people were wounded and taken away for treatment via Medevac helicopter, the report said. Their conditions were not immediately known.

Hip-hop artists J. Cole, Big Sean, YG and Jeremih had been playing to a sold-out crowd at the PNC Bank Arts Center.

Both victims were taken by helicopter to Jersey Shore University Medical Center in Neptune, according to Cliffview Pilot.

State Police choppers were providing spotlights around the arts center as the search for the gunman continued past midnight, police told Cliffview Pilot.

Both the Monmouth County Police Fire and EMS Facebook page and N Jerzey Fire Alert Twitter account reports the shooting happened in a parking lot after the concert let out.

The N Jerzey Fire Alert account tweeted that two medevac helicopters were requested to transport victims and a third helicopter was requested to search for the person responsible for the shooting.

This is a breaking news story. Please check back for updates.

The shooting occurred in a parking lot, not in the venue.  It appears the victims were specifically targeted, so hopefully the MSM will not try and classify this as a mass shooting.  On top of that, this was a hip-hop event, just another day in da hood, nothing to see here, move along.

Title updated to reflect erroneous info by the media. Reports now are that there were two shot and in critical/serious condition. No DOA.

I want to know why there is no mention if race in this article. In every other shooting recently the race of the shooter and victims has been stated numerous times in the article. Not here. Why?

There is even a suspect "on the loose". Wouldn't it be prudent to give at least a basic suspect description?

I call BS, there is no way this could possibly happen in NJ - the media is making up the story.  Are you seriously trying to tell me that the gun did not see the GunFree Zone sign and immediately decide to stay away?  Also since it is totally illegal to carry a gun in New Jermany unless you are one of roughly 1,800 connected private citizens it would be illegal and we all know criminals obey all laws - that is why we have them.  So, there is no way this really happened.  But I guess we need to ban concerts and public assembly now, let's get to work on passing more laws!!!!

This incident almost isn't newsworthy.  Except for the fact that it happened in a concert venue parking lot that's protected by an armed police presence.  With a Cop Shop across the street.  In a total Gun Free Zone, lol!  It's nothing more than Hood Rats BEING Hood Rats.  To the Hip-Hop community, it's merely business-as-usual, the notoriety of which will sell more recordings.  It's "what insurance is for" and "the cost of doing business".........

Yeah, um....  Business as usual.

This just in from BBC News

Two people were shot dead and three others seriously wounded in Toronto after a fight broke out at a party hosted by rapper Drake.

Police were called to the Muzik nightclub on Tuesday morning after shots were fired inside the bar and fighting spilled out into the street.

It was unclear whether, Drake who performed at OVO Fest on Monday, was at the club at the time of the shooting.

Last year, a man was shot near the same nightclub after the same festival.

Aren't there homes a short distance behind the woods at PNC? Wonder how those living there felt knowing there was an attempted murderer fleeing or possibly hiding in their backyards. I'm sure they weren't concerned at all. The police were right in hot pursuit. Nothing at all to worry about.....

Wow. Very interesting train of thought. Fuck the first amendment because those negroes and their rap music cause all the problems.... FYI most concerts of those artists are attended by multiple races of the top three only one is believed to be gang affiliated and the others promote poetry, sex and weed not violence. Glad this place is filled with loving gun owners. Some of the nicest people you can meet in NJ....until.....

I am making no such assumptions. I know that there were people of all color, religion, and social/cultural background there. The victims and shooters could be from any of them.

I do find it odd though, that in this particular instance, no description of the shooter or background of the victims was given - this in direct opposition to just about every other media story covering a shooting by a white male over the last year.

Is the media finally getting it that violent people are violent and race doesn't always factor in to the equation (yes, there are bigots and racists out there in every culture, but not every action is motivated by bias).

Or does this incident not fit in the media's carefully crafted narrative of white violence?

This is all of course over the background of NJ's gun laws and their inabity to protect anyone, including these 2 victims from the dark intentions of evil men - regardeless of what politicians want people to believe.

Yea I hear it along with Newark, Trenton, Camden, Paterson, Irvington and a couple of other nice locations have also been added as exempt locations if you are a resident and have at least one felony conviction to your name :)

When did PNC get added to the exempt location list to bring a handgun???

Just a general comment on the thread and direction where its headed..... I am just a messenger.. 

Please note, the intention of this forum is to give the users a place to discuss non gun related topics within a community of friends, on a civil level. Since people have proven time and time again that they cannot treat others with respect on an online forum, here are some rules......

My opinion is that media doesnt pick up story unless 

*  "Gunman" involved is otherwise law abiding

*  Its between persons of different races 

*  Involves mentally unstable (so they can stir up the Background Check debate)

*  Involves someone from a 2A friendly state (to depict the firearm owner as aggressive)

*  Involves someone who is avid collector (see all that "arsenal" and TONS of ammo ? )

Just a general comment on the thread and direction where its headed..... I am just a messenger..

Please note, the intention of this forum is to give the users a place to discuss non gun related topics within a community of friends, on a civil level. Since people have proven time and time again that they cannot treat others with respect on an online forum, here are some rules......

I placed this topic here because it's not about a gun, it's about people. A gun did not do this, a person did. This is about a specific violent act and it's repercussions, not about the tool that did it. This article would've gone here whether the actor use a bat, a knife, or a feather duster.