revenger

car video cameras

I had an  "almost road rage" last night.  I was waiting but it only involved middle fingers and words...no violence.  I was bummed. heh.  I was waiting for the tough guy in the mini-van to brake check the BMW.

The one time I witnessed an accident recently, I was in my FIL's car and of course didn't have the dash cam with me.  I wish I was driving my car that day... it was pretty obvious what happened (road rage/racing).  I was pretty bummed.

There were two epic accidents that I witnessed on RT 208 but they were long before I had a dash cam.  One involved a person who slammed into the barrier, then clearly stood on the gas, not the brake.   The explorer ping ponged around, bouncing off cars for what seemed like forever.  I thought I was going to get hit.   

The other time involved an out of control dump truck that took out two cars by spinning them off the road, side swiped a few more then bounced up and almost over the K-rail.   Some other dope then slammed into it.   All of this was just ahead of me 1-2  cars.  Perfect view.

I ran a G1W for about a year.   I am currently running a DOD 330W because it has superior night video to the G1W.  The G1W was ok at night, but the 330 steps it up, it's also a lot more money.

Here is video from my 330W, taken Tuesday.

Man oh man, what a joikoff! It looked to me as if the guy in the grey sedan would have had trouble NOT going through the yellow.

What station were you listening to? I heard gun talk?

Man oh man, what a joikoff! It looked to me as if the guy in the grey sedan would have had trouble NOT going through the yellow.

What station were you listening to? I heard gun talk?

I was a little incensed when this happened as well.    For some reason, that particular cycle of that light was very very short.  It fluctuates with volume but that time was stupid short.

On the radio was Sam Roberts, he's on Sirius XM.    These days I mostly listen to Anthony Cumia and Gavin Mcinnes and gun topics come up frequently.   Both can be found on https://www.compoundmedia.com/

The car was on Essex street.  It was never in Maywood.  I have video of the car traveling through the Maywood/Essex intersection on Essex street.  See below.

As to me traveling over 10 feet of double yellow hash to get into the turn lane, well, I guess I was just following the example of the police.

"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye"

car.jpg

That side of essex street is Maywood buddy....

And "following the example of the police" does not make it right at all. It's hypocritical. What's the excuse? "Everyone is doing it, why can't I?"

That side of essex street is Maywood buddy....

And "following the example of the police" does not make it right at all. It's hypocritical. What's the excuse? "Everyone is doing it, why can't I?"

Lol, I suppose that's an attempt to justify asshole behavior from a cop?  Didn't work, good try though.

Hey, on G1W's, I've been running one for a while, like it.  However, I think the suction cup mount got degraded by the heat recently - I came out of work yesterday to find the camera and the mount sitting on the dash, and the clear pastic/flexible suction portion still stuck to the windshield.

Any idea on where I can find just a replacement mount?  Googling/ebay hasn't turned anything up yet.

how the EFF did I not get those when I searched!?

Ok, thanks, that's the mount.

I was a little incensed when this happened as well.    For some reason, that particular cycle of that light was very very short.  It fluctuates with volume but that time was stupid short.

On the radio was Sam Roberts, he's on Sirius XM.    These days I mostly listen to Anthony Cumia and Gavin Mcinnes and gun topics come up frequently.   Both can be found on https://www.compoundmedia.com/

I thought the yellow lights here were supposed to be based on the road speed limits, 1 second per ten miles per hour?

Thanks for posting the online link, I don't have Sirius!

Amber lights are typically five seconds everywhere, and longer at high traffic areas and at wide intersections. Four seconds are too short.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

Amber lights are typically five seconds everywhere, and longer at high traffic areas and at wide intersections. Four seconds are too short.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

I can assure you, some of the ones near me are WAY less than 5 seconds. I'm off 22 in Union County, and even some of those on 22 are shorter, I think. I can't swear to that, but I know the smaller side street ones are.

Can I just say how much I hate my work parking lot. I get that there's no stop sign, there is a white stop line altough very faded. Doesn't common sense tell you to stop at the end of a parking lot, before crossing a road to go to another parking lot? A few times a month I almost get hit by idiots flying through the parking lot. The lady didn't even look over, she was too concerned with getting over to Olive Garden.

EDIT: I drop the F bomb if you're watching in public. 

Can I just say how much I hate my work parking lot. I get that there's no stop sign, there is a white stop line altough very faded. Doesn't common sense tell you to stop at the end of a parking lot, before crossing a road to go to another parking lot? A few times a month I almost get hit by idiots flying through the parking lot. The lady didn't even look over, she was too concerned with getting over to Olive Garden.

EDIT: I drop the F bomb if you're watching in public. 

I can sympathize.   I hate people that are so wrapped up in themselves, they drive around in a fog.

By the way, that horn needs upgraded.   It would sound appropriate on a car packed with clowns. heh.

^Umm not to be a dick but you also drove right threw a stop before the other car did the same thing. Just saying

That was more of a "rolling stop" than the FUCKYOUIMATRUCKIMGOINGTHROUGH the other guy did...

I can sympathize.   I hate people that are so wrapped up in themselves, they drive around in a fog.

By the way, that horn needs upgraded.   It would sound appropriate on a car packed with clowns. heh.

You need a train horn...

• Like 1

^Umm not to be a dick but you also drove right threw a stop before the other car did the same thing. Just saying

That was more of a "rolling stop" than the FUCKYOUIMATRUCKIMGOINGTHROUGH the other guy did...

HAHAHA my coworker pointed that out also. You have to know the parking lot to visualize it but the one I rolled through I can clearly see if anyone is coming. The women in the SUV on the other hand didn't even look or attempt to see if anyone was coming nor would she have been able to at that speed and with cars parked in the way.

2004 Hyundai Accent. 'nough said...

So you're close :p

2004 Hyundai Accent. 'nough said...

So you're close :p

When I was in Alaska in July, the rental was a 2015 Hyundai Elantra.     What a gutless POS.   It plum peters out at around 90 and by then then squirrels sound very very angry.   Also, I'm 6'0" and I hit my head getting in...my wife is 5'0", SHE hits her head getting in.   When I finally got home and sat down in the Acura, it was like dropping into a cloud. heh.

When I was in Alaska in July, the rental was a 2015 Hyundai Elantra.     What a gutless POS.   It plum peters out at around 90 and by then then squirrels sound very very angry.   Also, I'm 6'0" and I hit my head getting in...my wife is 5'0", SHE hits her head getting in.   When I finally got home and sat down in the Acura, it was like dropping into a cloud. heh.

Don't have those problems in my 2011 Hyundai Sonata...  Horn is decent too..

Don't have those problems in my 2011 Hyundai Sonata...  Horn is decent too..

The Sonata is much bigger and one would assume a larger door opening.  I should be clear...I'd hit my head getting in...I had to scrunch/duck getting in or catch the door frame just above my ear.

I will give the Elantra credit though, it got a solid 35mph.   Oh, wait, never mind, my Acura gets better than that and has 145 more horsepower.

LMAO my Accent is a $500 junker to go my 10mi to and from work for the most part. Has over 250k miles and been going strong for the last 2+yrs. I'm only 5'9" and I have to duck getting into it. I feel like Vin Diesel getting into his Honda sports car when I get in it. 

Just for the heck of it, I put together a small compilation of the accidents I've caught on the dash cam.  There are others but some were way too dark and some too far off to the side.

Anyway..just for giggles..

Just for the heck of it, I put together a small compilation of the accidents I've caught on the dash cam.  There are others but some were way too dark and some too far off to the side.

Anyway..just for giggles..

Accidents on 208 and 23, i recognize those roads like the back of my hand, lol.