SJG

IWB Holsters Which Are Best

Check out Titan Concealment. He's a vendor on here. Nice stuff.

That said, do you want Kydex, leather, or a hybrid? Although I have no personal experience with them, the Garrity holsters have great reviews and are well built.

I have a G-Code OWB paddle and the quality is awesome as well as the customer service.

When I look at another IWB holster, it will be either a Titan or one from a company called Keyhole Holsters. The Keyhole are sharp looking with a leather back and Kydex front.

Good luck. A LOT of options out there.

Some random thoughts:

1. Make sure you have a proper belt. I think that's more important than holster selection

2. For what gun? For anything larger than a subcompact (say 4" barrel or longer), I like using holsters with 2 clips/attachment points, instead of single clip kydex holsters. It helps to distribute the weight and bulk of the gun across a wider area. Single clip will be more convenient if you find yourself putting the holster on and taking it off frequently for whatever reason. I have a kydex single clip from an eBay seller (Ted Cori?) designated as my "answering the doorbell after 9pm holster".

3. My usual carry gun (hard to say "usual" with a straight face given the infrequency) is a Shield with a PJ Holster kydex holster with a "deep concealment" configuration. The gun sits low and set with a 30 degree cant. I can easily conceal my Shield with the extended 8 round mag. Most holsters are set with a 15 degree cant as standard, but I find I need greater cant to keep the handle from printing. I have an Alien Gear cloak tuck 2.0 hybrid for the Shield, but I'm not too crazy about it. In order to get the extreme cant that I like, the gun sits up really high. Also, I'm not very confident in the retention. I'd love to experiment more with leather/kydex hybrids, but I don't carry enough at this point to justify the effort.

While I prefer Kydex for competition, as far as all day carry goes, my money is spent on quality leather. I think there is no finer IWB holster than a Milt Sparks Versa Max II. I own four of them and have carried everything from a lightweight CCO (pictured) to a full-size P220R. Expensive? Moderately so. Long lead time? Again, moderately so - but worth every penny and day of wait time.

Sparks has great customer service and accurate ETA's on when you can expect your holster. There are a few stocking dealers - the most prominent of which is Top Gun Supply.

One word of caution - imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and almost all custom makers have holsters that resemble the VM II, but the small differences between them and the real thing, make all the difference in real world use.

4jrhtv.jpg

Adios,

Pizza Bob