Polak

ALG Defense AKT trigger

My ALG is breaking at 3.25lbs and the G2 is breaking at 4.5lbs, I can’t tell the difference in the 1+ pound  of pull between the Tapco and ALG, maybe Jerry Miculek can but I can’t, to me the real difference is reduced travel (as mentioned above) and the trigger shape itself

My ALG is breaking at 3.25lbs and the G2 is breaking at 4.5lbs, I can’t tell the difference in the 1+ pound of pull between the Tapco and ALG, maybe

can but I can’t, to me the real difference is reduced travel (as mentioned above) and the trigger shape itself

But the travel with pound difference is what I can feel.

Has anyone installed the AKT on a Saiga 7.62 equipped with a bolt hold open lever? I finally got around installing the AKT on my Saiga 7.62 last night and had a weird problem trying to get the hammer pin completely through to the other side. The pin went through the receiver out the other end, but not far enough to fit the axis pin retaining plate on the grove of the pin. The weird part was if I removed the hammer, left the BHO lever in and drove the pin through, it went through all the way. Likewise if I left the hammer in and removed the BHO lever, the pin would go through all the way. But when I tried pushing the pin through with both the hammer AND the BHO lever, it would not go in all the way. I ended up removing the BHO lever completely since it was a PITA anyway and sometimes got in the way of my trigger finger but still, I think it's something worth noting.

I read a thread on saiga 12 about some mods that may be needed to work with certain trigger guards, retaining plates and bho levers.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/97516-anyone-install-the-new-alg-defense-akt-ak-trigger-yet/

EDIT: And then read through all the way and realized that you are already in there. Whoops!

Likewise if I left the hammer in and removed the BHO lever, the pin would go through all the way. But when I tried pushing the pin through with both the hammer AND the BHO lever, it would not go in all the way. I ended up removing the BHO lever completely since it was a PITA anyway and sometimes got in the way of my trigger finger but still, I think it's something worth noting.

For lack of a better term the retaining pins have that little flare-out on the retaining plate (or retaining spring) side for your retaining device. That oversized pin section of is bottoming-out on the hammer with the BHO in place. The BHO is pushing the hammer toward the opposite retaining device side.  When you removed the BHO device the flared out part of the pin may now fully enter the receiver and seat correctly

To reinstall the BHO the hammer you need to be “fit” the hammer by grinding a little off both sides of the hammer. You would be taking most of the material off the BHO side of the hammer. It is important that the hammer remains centered up with the firing pin, you do not want it favoring one side or the other. Keep than in mind when grinding. Without the BHO you in place you "could"  have more lateral movement than you would like. I ground my hammer and reinstalled the BHO, it just takes a little time and you keep the BHO function

Edit:

of

For lack of a better term the retaining pins have that little flare-out on the retaining plate (or retaining spring) side for your retaining device. That oversized pin section of is bottoming-out on the hammer with the BHO in place. The BHO is pushing the hammer toward the opposite retaining device side. When you removed the BHO device the flared out part of the pin may now fully enter the receiver and seat correctly

To reinstall the BHO the hammer you need to be “fit” the hammer by grinding a little off both sides of the hammer. You would be taking most of the material off the BHO side of the hammer. It is important that the hammer remains centered up with the firing pin, you do not want it favoring one side or the other. Keep than in mind when grinding. Without the BHO you in place you "could" have more lateral movement than you would like. I ground my hammer and reinstalled the BHO, it just takes a little time and you keep the BHO function

^^^ this..

Assuming that you bought a tapco trigger group from CSS or some place similar.. if you compare them both, you will see the tapco is machined on the right side especially for saigas BHO.