carl_g

Warren, NJ - 3 dead after standoff

Look at the photo! The uniforms are full military camouflage! Are these the local cops dressed this way? If so, the problem runs way deeper than I ever imagined!!

The military serves a purpose! LEOs serve a purpose! When LEOs confuse the two purposes, We all have a problem!!!

Look at the photo! The uniforms are full military camouflage! Are these the local cops dressed this way? If so, the problem runs way deeper than I ever imagined!!

The military serves a purpose! LEOs serve a purpose! When LEOs confuse the two purposes, We all have a problem!!!

lol the packs...boonie cap.....desert boots....shoulder patches....priceless...all they needed was a sniper in a ghillie suit low crawl the parking lot islands....lol

I have a friend who went to school with the victims -- the brother and sister -- been talking throughout the day

I heard it was on Mt horeb rd -- not Mountain -- There are no residential houses where it was reported  -- 110 mountain blvd

Heard the female victim was the shooters fiancé -- and she was a hostage for awhile -- till the shooter decided it was time 

remember I cannot back up any of this info and it is all just hearsay 

If it's true -- we really need a change in tactics -- Why do we let the active shooters dictate when things happen?  

I say take the chance and engage the shooter -- maybe you could save the hostage --

I'm sorry for the families loss -- this is just a few miles from my home

Flat foots should go out and do it for real against our enemies instead of playing solider against our Citizens and ganging up on Grandma and her dog and killing both in the middle of the night like the people I had to deal with in South America.

Flat foots should go out and do it for real against our enemies instead of playing solider against our Citizens and ganging up on Grandma and her dog and killing both in the middle of the night like the people I had to deal with in South America.

Was this during your special forces seal operator tour or you confused it with a video game or movie of some sort?

Was this during your special forces seal operator tour or you confused it with a video game or movie of some sort?

LOL. But I have a question for you in return. What is it like to have never done anything adventurous, or valorous, or for your Nation, and what is it like to have lived in such extreme lameness that you can't even consider the concept?

I'm betting it's your video games. Don't worry, everybody is like you ;)

I have a friend who went to school with the victims -- the brother and sister -- been talking throughout the day

I heard it was on Mt horeb rd -- not Mountain -- There are no residential houses where it was reported  -- 110 mountain blvd

Heard the female victim was the shooters fiancé -- and she was a hostage for awhile -- till the shooter decided it was time 

remember I cannot back up any of this info and it is all just hearsay 

If it's true -- we really need a change in tactics -- Why do we let the active shooters dictate when things happen?  

I say take the chance and engage the shooter -- maybe you could save the hostage --

I'm sorry for the families loss -- this is just a few miles from my home

if she was the fiancee.....what's the chances that something happened, she tried to break it off, he got violent, she had a restraining order, and he did this?

if she was the fiancee.....what's the chances that something happened, she tried to break it off, he got violent, she had a restraining order, and he did this?

I don't know the victims personally -- But it turns out that I have quite a few friends that do -- We all grew up a few miles from each other

Last night I stumbled upon a few Facebook pages of friends and the victims -- doesn't seem like there was any trouble or signs -- I even have 1 friend saying "Heidi stay in the house, there was a shooting in A&P and they are looking for the shooter" -- of course this was before they knew what was going on

Definitely a sad day for those involved

I don't know the victims personally -- But it turns out that I have quite a few friends that do -- We all grew up a few miles from each other

Last night I stumbled upon a few Facebook pages of friends and the victims -- doesn't seem like there was any trouble or signs -- I even have 1 friend saying "Heidi stay in the house, there was a shooting in A&P and they are looking for the shooter" -- of course this was before they knew what was going on

Definitely a sad day for those involved

Did you go to Watchung Hills? I graduated with Heidi back in 88.

LOL. But I have a question for you in return. What is it like to have never done anything adventurous, or valorous, or for your Nation, and what is it like to have lived in such extreme lameness that you can't even consider the concept?

I'm betting it's your video games. Don't worry, everybody is like you ;)

I am so ashamed after your response that i simply cant find the words to do a reply. I ll go back to playing my video game under my blanket of mediocrity. I simply forgot that you have a monopoly on defining the role of cops and shivalry/adventure/valour.

I am so ashamed after your response that i simply cant find the words to do a reply. I ll go back to playing my video game under my blanket of mediocrity. I simply forgot that you have a monopoly on defining the role of cops and shivalry/adventure/valour.

I have the same measure of "monopoly" of judging cops as you have of judging military service. Whale shit. Very low, bottom of the Ocean. The only difference being I believe there are cops here :)

Did you go to Watchung Hills? I graduated with Heidi back in 88.

No -- Dunellen -- graduated in '87

I don't recall anyone from watching hills back then -- Like I said I didn't know them personally and the people I do know who where her friends are all Bridgewater east grads as far as I know

Heidi's Facebook page is pretty sad  -- I do know Cara, met her when I was 17 and hung out for years -- this brings back a lot of crazy memories -- we did have a good time back then

So there were 2 articles on nj.com One stated that the shooter was found inside the home with a self-inflicted wound to the head, and another said he was found in a ditch with an assault rifle and 2 high capacity magazines. I wonder if one of the swat guys was thought to be the deceased shooter? I'm a bit baffled.

So there were 2 articles on nj.com One stated that the shooter was found inside the home with a self-inflicted wound to the head, and another said he was found in a ditch with an assault rifle and 2 high capacity magazines. I wonder if one of the swat guys was thought to be the deceased shooter? I'm a bit baffled.

NJ.com sucks for news.. this seems to be the best article. http://patch.com/new-jersey/warren/update-victims-warren-township-murder-suicide-identified-0

My problem with the outfit is simple, its not even effective. If your going to wear camo you should probably wear something that mimics your surroundings. 

Did I miss something? What enemies did the US have in South America? I don't recall a war that the US was directly involved in, in South America ever.

Thanks to your (our) tax dollars, DHS (and  every other security agency) has more money than they can spend.  They dole that out to local agencies.  Who wouldn't want the "free" stuff, specially the free tacticool stuff ?  One town takes it, next town wants it. Before you know it, everybody got a swat team with tacticool dresses. 

Just like other federal funds, the "free" stuff comes with strings attached, but nobody cares to read or just care outright.  So that "surplus", "free" stuff isnt really free. 

That type of gear makes sense in an environment where you need to be less visible, may get separated and survive few hours to days, wont be taking shower anytime soon, have to walk miles etc.    

This isnt just about the LEOs. I dont understand when / if people show up like that to a range either. 

I've asked myself these questions numerous times :)

And the older I get, the less adventurous, the more the answers disturb me.

Did I miss something? What enemies did the US have in South America? I don't recall a war that the US was directly involved in, in South America ever.

SOUTHCOM was our most active region in the world until 9/11 for almost 30 years, a little excursion in 1991 notwithstanding. Drug wars, Castro, Noriega, Cocaine kingpins, Sandanistas, you need to read your  history.

Here is a little fact that most may blow your mind. In the early days of Afghanistan, a very large part of our special operators in theater were Hispanics, mostly drawn from experience in irregular warfare in South America, binligual and more attuned to learning new languages (Pashtun) and blessed with natural coloring and hair colors (and beards) to blend into the population......

Sad story. But the reports should read "2 Dead. 1 worthless PoS off the face of the earth"

And a Local SWAT team in desert camo makes no sense. Actually...a "local" SWAT team makes no sense. I think any swat team member would want to be more visible...not less visible. Getting shot by my fellow, inexperienced swat team members would really suck.

SOUTHCOM was our most active region in the world until 9/11 for almost 30 years, a little excursion in 1991 notwithstanding. Drug wars, Castro, Noriega, Cocaine kingpins, Sandanistas, you need to read your history.

Here is a little fact that most may blow your mind. In the early days of Afghanistan, a very large part of our special operators in theater were Hispanics, mostly drawn from experience in irregular warfare in South America, binligual and more attuned to learning new languages (Pashtun) and blessed with natural coloring and hair colors (and beards) to blend into the population......

I have read my history. Nothing you mentioned was a real war. The war on drugs is a joke and always has been a complete waste of money and time. Everything you mentioned was just the US playing world police. We should have been spending all that money on border protection instead. Basically it was just the military playing police instead of the police playing the military. I respect any soldier that has served any time any where but the whole world police thing is a joke

Sad story. But the reports should read "2 Dead. 1 worthless PoS off the face of the earth"

And a Local SWAT team in desert camo makes no sense. Actually...a "local" SWAT team makes no sense. I think any swat team member would want to be more visible...not less visible. Getting shot by my fellow, inexperienced swat team members would really suck.

Pretty sure that's is Somerset County SORT - a regional SWAT team that is overseen by the Somerset County Prosecutor's Office and comprised of members recruited from the local municipalities and county agencies in Somerset County. They are wearing Multicam (a general issue/multi-terrain use pattern) not desert camo.

What makes you think they are inexperienced? I have worked with these guys on a few occasions and they are well trained and very professional.