carl_g

Warren, NJ - 3 dead after standoff

I have the same measure of "monopoly" of judging cops as you have of judging military service. Whale shit. Very low, bottom of the Ocean. The only difference being I believe there are cops here :)

You re drawing many conclusions again without any basis. I see you do this all the time. Not a very nice thought process unless you get a kick out of it and i see you do in your many threads where you draw your own Conclusions and then mention how smarter you really are then other people.

I think Johnny and you should start a separate thread if you want to discuss how the police and SWAT were dressed and what they should be doing. I m also guilty for strafing off topic. So start a thread and we can discuss adventure/video games/Latin America.

Anyway, i ve been also reading the comments on nj.com

Many ignorant and repeating the Assault Weapon Mantra.

This will cause issues for gun rights and the antis and moms demanding will be definataly using this in NJ as an example of bad gun owners.

Also a gun shop opened last year in that town. I m sure it was hard to get the license to operate a gun shop in a super liberal soccer mom town. Lets hope they are ok after this tragedy.

You re drawing many conclusions again without any basis. I see you do this all the time. Not a very nice thought process unless you get a kick out of it and i see you do in your many threads where you draw your own Conclusions and then mention how smarter you really are then other people.

I think Johnny and you should start a separate thread if you want to discuss how the police and SWAT were dressed and what they should be doing. I m also guilty for strafing off topic. So start a thread and we can discuss adventure/video games/Latin America.

I was surprised by the uniforms so I commented! Some local PDs are getting more and more militarized and I feel that is a dangerous trend. The uniforms themselves are fine The mindset is the problem!  If you knew my background in the military as well as LE, perhaps you would allow me my right to have an opinion and even respect it if you knew what I know! There are many who feel as I do! You don't and I respect your opinion! Nor did I attack you! several in this thread commented on the uniform yet you chose to single me out to start a video games/Latin America thread. Мудак!

I was surprised by the uniforms so I commented! Some local PDs are getting more and more militarized and I feel that is a dangerous trend. The uniforms themselves are fine The mindset is the problem!  If you knew my background in the military as well as LE, perhaps you would allow me my right to have an opinion and even respect it if you knew what I know! There are many who feel as I do! You don't and I respect your opinion! Nor did I attack you! several in this thread commented on the uniform yet you chose to single me out to start a video games/Latin America thread. Мудак!

I chose Mipa and not you. Dont get so testy. Mudak....hahaha...i like that you chose that particular Cyrillic word.  

As for the militarization of police i agree with you. Eventualy it will be used as a control instrument. 

I just don't think this is the thread to discuss it. But as you said that is my opinion. So don't loose your cool over my opinion.  

You do have my respect for doing something instead of just talking about how it all sucks in NJ (Majority of people on FB and here) by Challenging Christie`s Lies in front of the  NH electorate !!!

I chose Mipa and not you. Dont get so testy. Mudak....hahaha...i like that you chose that particular Cyrillic word.  

As for the militarization of police i agree with you. Eventualy it will be used as a control instrument. 

I just don't think this is the thread to discuss it. But as you said that is my opinion. So don't loose your cool over my opinion.  

You do have my respect for doing something instead of just talking about how it all sucks in NJ (Majority of people on FB and here) by Challenging Christie`s Lies in front of the  NH electorate !!!

Quote "I think Johnny and you should start a separate thread"

I rest my case!  I am not testy and I thought Мудак would be funny to you! It proves I also have a sense of humor!

I will continue to "do something" as it does no good to complain to each other about how bad things are! Unfortunately we must fight for our basic Constitutional rights in this sorry state!

My dolzhny borot'sya vmeste!!! мы должны вместе бороться за победу товарищ!!!!

N'yu-Dzhersi soset!!!

Pretty sure that's is Somerset County SORT - a regional SWAT team that is overseen by the Somerset County Prosecutor's Office and comprised of members recruited from the local municipalities and county agencies in Somerset County. They are wearing Multicam (a general issue/multi-terrain use pattern) not desert camo.

What makes you think they are inexperienced? I have worked with these guys on a few occasions and they are well trained and very professional.

I made the assumption, apparently incorrect assumption, that they wouldn't be very busy in their assigned duty if they were part of a local PD.  Regional makes more sense.   I still don't get the logic behind that choice of tactical gear.  I would think they'd want to be seen rather than not seen.  But I'm not in their line of work, so maybe there's a good reason.

Thank you High Exposure that is correct the Somerset County SWAT is commanded under the Prosecutors Office and is comprised of a multi juisdictional membership from surrounding towns they are highly trained and a great bunch of guys that put themselves in harms way to protect us... I have trained with they are all top notch....warfighters in the sandbox they are not. But they fight a diffrent war here in our own backyards... just be a tad bit greatful. After all this type of thing is happining more often and it getting closer to home..... mine and yours..... be safe all....

Not much of an update. Interested in learning when / where he purchased firearm and if he had NJFID or if it is believed he was a restricted person at time of purchase. Also, were family and friends aware of his alleged mental issues and that he owned a firearm? Was he ever arrested and found guilty of a crime that would have made him a prohibited owner?

http://patch.com/new-jersey/bridgewater/somerset-county-standoff-shooter-didnt-legally-own-firearm-report-0?utm_source=article-mostrecent&utm_medium=rss&utm_ter