Sign in to follow this  
Krdshrk

Cabelas Herters 12 & 20 ga Target Loads - $49.99 + Free shipping for orders over $99

Great deal. This was a doorbuster on Saturday at the same price. I drove to DE to get it. If you spent $150 (3 cases) you received a coupon for $25 off a future purchase so I guess it was worth it. Almost every person there had a cart full of these shotgun shells.

Thanks Nick. I picked up a few flats. I am curious to see how they feed in autoloaders. 

I was looking at the specs.  The lighter loads with higher FPS should be ok.  I generally look for loads over 1200FPS for my 930 & 11-87.  Generally a bit faster for my 11-87 as it's more picky.

How do you figure out what dram they are?

What equivalent are you looking for?   I look at the amount of shot plus the Muzzle Velocity (FPS).

Quick google search found this chart:

DEP12.jpg

1 1/8oz shot 7.5 size, 1200FPS = 3 Dram according to the chart.

1oz shot, 7.5 size, 1290 FPS = 3 1/4 Dram.

I was looking at the specs. The lighter loads with higher FPS should be ok. I generally look for loads over 1200FPS for my 930 & 11-87. Generally a bit faster for my 11-87 as it's more picky.

Anything that doesn't feed in the autoloader goes in the O/U. I did buy the faster ammo in 12 gauge since I got 1 ounce instead of 1 1/8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anything that doesn't feed in the autoloader goes in the O/U. I did buy the faster ammo in 12 gauge since I got 1 ounce instead of 1 1/8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's how I do it.  Wally-world special Winchester doesn't cycle in my semis, Only used for my O/U.  Everything else goes through the 930...  Gotta be more picky with my 11-87...

Nice, thanks for sharing. 

Check your recent mail if you're a Cabela's club card member, you may have a $20 off coupon/Cabela's bucks mailed to you recently which will net a higher discount than the free shipping depending on how many cases you order.

I got that one a week or three ago....but now I can't FIND it!

Anyhow, I'm in for two cases of the 1 oz 'LV' (low velocity) - see if its easier on the shoulder for some of these long sessions, as well as ten boxes of the Rio buckshot - 5 per box on sale for $2.49 a box.  I also saw Cabela's had lefty belt-slide holsters for cheep, so I'm in for two of them. 

I have to stop this....