GoNRA

Housing?

if everyone replying here was in on it we'd be set found a cool 1 but not enough parking.

http://www.realcentralnj.com/idx/mls-6557975-1521_old_trenton_rd_west_windsor_nj_08550

Four bedrooms AND two baths?  The 15 people you want to sign on should be lining up just as quickly as the banks who can't wait to finance the venture.

Although 90 guns in 1 house might seem a bit extreme

Ok.. I'll just bring 30.....

let's see...  that's 15.... times 45 ..... carry the seven.... minus 12 percent...

right...... 248 guns....  cool.  This house should really be in Waco....

Thinking after 20 years of paying into the houses you can have a pretty sweet retirement in increments, probably 1-2k a month plus a house of your own.

But seriously...

If you're for real.... you've got too many people involved that actually would live there.  Way too many potential problems when that many people are involved.  What happens when one guy says he won't agree to sell?  

Just do it as an investment property with a few people living there as renters... 4 to 6.  Charge rent that makes you money and fix the place up then flip it in two or five years. You're in charge.  No partners.

Do this .. TIMES 10.....  as you're able to handle it.

What happens if I get sick and clog one of the two toilets?  Hmmm....do you really expect life circumstances wouldn't change over that long term horizon?  What if someone got married, does she become the community wife?  What about wailing kids?

Take your 1k and 500 / month and invest in an index fund, you'll have a better return over the long term, lower volatility, less chance for a fist fight with one of your 14 room mates over the shampoo.  I think you gotta a buy a boarding house.  

If you want real-estate exposure, buy a REIT--but it will be a lot less interesting than a 4-bedroom/2Ba home with 15 resident owners.

If you can get a reality show contract with TLC or A&E then I might be interested.

Year 2, Day 12 - Things are getting worse. All but one of the other 14 are conspiring against me at this point. They seem to believe my story about the mold remediation in the basement. Nobody has mentioned the hooks and nobody saw the 4 chest freezers I moved in while they were all at their little softball game.

After a while could buy some test tube kids and pass it down to them when their older, keep your keys I guess to pass down.  Having your own place, let them get in at 21 or so....  probably be a waiting list since you would make it traditional.

I think this is how the Albanians in "Taken" started out - next thing you know they were trafficking teenagers and getting killed by Liam Neeson.

I love that movie!!! But I also love the Death Wish movies. Something about seeing the bad guys lose and the good guy win appeals to me! Probably

because in real life, the opposite often is the case!

Remember Bernard Goetz? (spelling)!  He was the subway vigilante in NYC! The crime rate actually dropped significantly until he was caught!