OfcrFek

Irvington PD - Earliest Date to Submit a P2P App, Late Sept

A coworker just told me that he went to turn in a P2P application, and Irvington PD is telling him he must make an appointment (I know, normal for certain areas), but the earliest one they have available is Sept 20ish. He already has his FAID, he's just looking to pick up a couple P2Ps. Anyone else from Irvington having this problem? If it takes a month for him just to get the appointment, I can only imagine how long it would take to get the permits back... Advice?

Sneaky. I really hope this is not their way of justifying the delay in the process. Before it was you submit today and they get it to you months later instead of 30 days. Now that they were told it MUST be done in 30 days, they're just going to start delaying when the application gets submitted.

I lived in Evesham when they were doing that. Now they just allow you to drop off the applications.

I wasn't posting this to complain... Being that I don't live in the same town as my coworker, I was hoping someone else from his hometown would see and give input about their experience applying for their FAID or P2P, and I was asking for advice on the situation.

I am going to tell him to get in contact w/ NJ2AS and ANJRPC. He also is going to be talking to his mayor about it. Hopefully it gets resolved quickly.

Option 5 buy several firearms w/o permits and learn how to shoot black powder, lol, while you're waiting for center fire permission slips.............

This only applies to long guns

A black powder handgun, air powered handgun, centerfire or rimfire handgun still need a P2P

Water pistols, cap guns, airsoft pistols and paintball are still, at the moment, legal to buy without asking permission...

This only applies to long guns

A black powder handgun, air powered handgun, centerfire or rimfire handgun still need a P2P

Water pistols, cap guns, airsoft pistols and paintball are still, at the moment, legal to buy without asking permission...

A black powder hand gun in PA is like buying a wrench.  How big is your Snap-On tool chest?

Something is wrong with that town. Everyone there seem to be doing two jobs. Not sure if its corruption, nepotism or something to do with taxpayer funded pension.  The Business Administrator is also Police Administrator.  Town/PD seem to be struggling with filling positions and folks doing multiple jobs.  

Ofcourse, the official version is "We are overworked and busy". Sure. 

A black powder hand gun in PA is like buying a wrench.  How big is your Snap-On tool chest?

This is true, a P2P is to purchase a handgun in the state of NJ and has nothing to do with PA. Federally, a black powder handgun is not subject to interstate commerce rules that handguns are (that is, out of state purchases must go through an FFL).

However, it is worth noting that once you do have the black powder handgun in NJ, the state considers it a handgun and therefore you are subject to the same transportation rules as anything other handgun (to/from range/gunsmith and domicile). Might be a good idea to go to a range in PA after purchasing it to ensure you are legal in NJ, if you didn't buy it from a gunsmith.

Smokin', I know that you know this; I'm just mentioning it to anyone who gets the idea to pick up a BP handgun in PA as an alternative to using a P2P in NJ.