Sign in to follow this  
cold shot

Any plumbing supply stores in Middlesex for non-standard sizes ?

Hey guys,

Anyone know of plumbing supply shops that carry parts. I am looking for a non-standard pop-up drain stopper that has a smaller diameter (looks like 1 1/8") that what is out there at Home Depot (standard ones are 1 3/8"), as well as the horizontal rod that is smaller.

I thought about replacing the whole pop-up mechanism however it's a pedestal sink and can't get at it without removing the sink in order to remove the pedestal. A simple task would turn out into a project.

You would think that when installing this pop-up mechanism that you would pick a standard size part. I've spent way too much time on this already.

Hoping that there are some plumbers here that can help.

Thanks,

Ed

Unfortunately, the stopper is not usually sold by itself.

I keep an assortment on my truck to save the day once in a while, but usually it is just easier to replace the whole pop-up assembly.

The stoppers and lift rods are not universal, as I am sure you know. The pop-up assemblies are sold with the lavatory faucets, so if the pop-up was replaced with the faucet, it might give you a place to start. If you know the faucet brand.

Or just go to a plumbing supply house and treat yourself to a new faucet with a new metal pop-up assembly. DO NOT buy a faucet from the home centers with the plastic pop-up.