bhunted

2 members of Virginia TV news crew shot dead during live broadcast

I usually don't repost news blurbs, but this pissed me off. Not much on it yet, but what bugged me, a correspondant in the area was chatting about what and why could this have happened and the part that pist me off is he said, "....more importantly, what type of gun was it?" Already???? UGH! :facepalm:
My heart goes out to the friends and family of the fallen...

Breaking: 2 members of Virginia TV news crew shot dead during live broadcast

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/08/26/active-shooter-reportedly-attacks-tv-crew-in-virginia/?intcmp=hpbt1

Some anti 2A zealot is upset that guns have not been banned yet.  So, to prove a point they got a gun and...  well, yanno.

seems a ton's been happening lately. you could be closer to the truth than you think. yea. i got my tinfoil hat on right now. get ready.

seems a ton's been happening lately. you could be closer to the truth than you think. yea. i got my tinfoil hat on right now. get ready.

I have studied history, governments and psychology long enough to know that nothing, no matter how improbable, is impossible.  The more messed up something is, there is usually someone with money and power pulling the strings.  All it takes is a little social engineering.

EDIT:  And sometimes it's just a disgruntled employee going "postal".

I have studied history, governments and psychology long enough to know that nothing, no matter how improbable, is impossible.  The more messed up something is, there is usually someone with money and power pulling the strings.  All it takes is a little social engineering.

but am i the only one to notice that this year it seems to be mostly middle aged white dudes? last year was mostly riots. the year before, younger dudes, mostly on something. now, middle aged white dudes. i seem to recall a couple times body armor was mentioned. there's a situation being created where they're gonna try to go "aussie" on us.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Let's say I took all the most ridiculous, illegal, immoral, and anti-constitutional stuff our government has done in this Century, the top 99 items, and put them on a list. Then I take this theory and add it to the list to make an even 100. I go back in time to 1999 and show you the list and ask you to rank the 100 items from most plausible to completely impossible.

This theory would be at the top of the list.

If people knew in 1999 what was going to happen in our country over the next 16 years there would have been a Third Revolution.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Let's say I took all the most ridiculous, illegal, immoral, and anti-constitutional stuff our government has done in this Century, the top 99 items, and put them on a list. Then I take this theory and add it to the list to make an even 100. I go back in time to 1999 and show you the list and ask you to rank the 100 items from most plausible to completely impossible.

This theory would be at the top of the list.

If people knew in 1999 what was going to happen in our country over the next 16 years there would have been a Third Revolution.

If you took it back to 1999, not many people would pay attention.  We had a massively exploitable distraction with all the Y2K paranoia.  For the spin doctors, it's just a matter of sitting back and waiting for something to happen then exploit the hell out of it.  If the spin doctor is impatient or time is of the essence, then they have to  engineer an exploitable incident. remember the Gulf of Tonkin?  People are essentially machines and very little is needed to push the right buttons.  Well, actually the only thing one needs in any quantity is money.  If you have enough money you can influence opinion on just about anything.

Never let a tragedy go to waste.

Nah.... They every try goe Aussie on us, there will be a new AMC docu-series.... America Rises Again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That wont be the case, I am afraid.  For example, if they were to add AR15 types to banned list in NJ, we all will be b*ching but nothing more.  Repubs will blame Dems. Likes of John Boehner will feed BS like "law suits" to the unsuspecting public and make backdoor deals. Most Law Enforcement will blame politicians and move to confiscate whenever they see as they are "duty" bound to enforce laws. Few lawsuits are going to rot forever in the Courts system, only for some Judge to write a lengthy story about how he/she respects US Constitution, but concludes no merit given "public safety at large".  

We all go back to figuring out which new configuration of bolt actions are legal :-( . 

If you are not adhering to the latest "law" (whatever that may be), you are no longer a law abiding, hence must be terrorist. See the logic ? 

These folks know slow and steady wins the race. And they are set out to win the race. 

Happened before and will happen again. 

Just announced on The Blaze AM broadcast, the shooter has shot himself.

Why didn't he just start there??

Now he's Being treated at the hospital. Guess it wasn't a fatal shot

The scumbag took a video of him shooting the 3 victims and put it on Twitter! This is just tragic.

but am i the only one to notice that this year it seems to be mostly middle aged white dudes? last year was mostly riots. the year before, younger dudes, mostly on something. now, middle aged white dudes. i seem to recall a couple times body armor was mentioned. there's a situation being created where they're gonna try to go "aussie" on us.

The shooter does not look like a middle aged white dude.

Can't believe how unaware they were. Not to judge, just an observation. Looks like he could have been seen by at least 2 different angles from the 2 women. Even with my bad eyes, I still have pretty good peripheral vision.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like it was a Glock, but since they are fairly common and cheapish one would expect this.  I saw the first person video he shot and it was well done, very good perspective even if it forced him to shoot strong hand only (I know my bad).

So where is POTUS screaming about this racist act?  Where is race baiter Al Sharpton condemning this?  Where are the folks from White Lives Matter protesting?????

Look, let's cut to the chase,  all guns should be turned in for disposal.  Enough of this lawlessness.  Stop trying to cite amendment rights and all that nonsense.  The time has come to move into the 21st century.  Be a thinker and not a Neanderthal for a change.

What a PoS that guy was.

So Gov. Terry McAuliffe was interviewed and asked the question, "Why are guns getting into the hands of people who shouldn't have them?"  His answer was, "Twice I've brought before the Gen. Assembly legislation for background checks and twice they rejected it."

Then I looked up VA firearms law and found this on their State Police site Q&A.

"The criminal history record information check required prior to the purchase of a firearm in Virginia is accomplished by a name check in conjunction with the purchaser's race, sex, and date of birth."

So what the hell was McAuliffe talking about?  VA has done point of sale background checks since 1989.