Jag07

CZ 22lr. 512 or 455

I know the two are bolt 455 and semi auto 512. I'm looking to see if there is anyone who has experience with either or both. I'm finally flush with cash and looking to invest... Or just enough to afford one, potaTOE/poTAtoe.

I've been having a tough time deciding of bolt or semi. I know that bolt with help with discipline and should be more accurate but the ease of a semi is appealing, plus home defense in a pinch. I may be be trying to balance too many things with that issue. To stay on track, opinions or first hand accounts of either rifle is appreciated. Or just plain old advice. Thanks guys.

I've had both 455 and 512.

still have the 455 which is a pleasure to shoot.

Eventually sold the 512 and bought a 10/22 to fiddle with.

512 had wonderful fit and finish, shot well, but has an odd manner of disassembly and reassembly.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By Blackjack988
      Just looking to purge and de-clutter a little bit so putting up a number of spare guns, accessories, and optics for sale.  Will be updating this thread as I add more items.  I am located in Middletown NJ but am willing to meet and/or ship at buyer's expense. 
      Guns (all firearms must be transferred at an FFL and will only be sold to those with matching DL and FID, happy to discuss which FFL):
      $1250 - Walther Q5 Match SF 9mm - Lightly used (less than 500 rounds) will come with RMR-compatible plate and 6 magazines (4 factory 10 rounders and 2 factory 15's perm pinned to 10) $850 - Ruger 10/22 - Customized Ruger 10/22 based on basic Ruger receiver and bolt. Includes Kidd Barrel, Trigger pack, Rail, Charging Handle, and other upgrades.  Victor Company Titan stock. Accessories
      $375 - Modlite OKW package, includes light body, OKW head, Arisaka in-line Keymod mount, and Unity hot button (pic model) SOLD  
      The first to post "I'll take it" wins the sale

• By remixer
      New in Box
      CZ-USA CZ P-10 Compact
      $470.00 Plus NJ Nics and NJ Tax

BRAND: CZ-USA
      PRICE: $470.00
      MODEL: CZ P-10 Compact (01520)
      CALIBER: 9mm
      CAPACITY: 10+1
      BARREL: 4.02"
      ACTION: Double Action Only
      LENGTH: 7.3"
      SAFETY: Firing Pin Block/Trigger
      WEIGHT:  26 oz.
      SIGHTS: Fixed 3-Dot
      FINISH: Black Polycoat

• By MichaelDiggs
      I like cleaning my AR. I can get just about place I need to. One area I'm having trouble with is one end of the bolt carrier. Not the end where you use the Otis cleaning tool, but the other side. If I look into there I see some build up carbon that I just can't get to. A wire brush won't fit and it is a tight fit. What I need is some kind of brush with the bristles on the end of the brush itself to stick down this carrier and just start twisting the brush to clean as much the carbon as it can. Is there anything like that out there at all? Preferably brass, don't want to scratch anything up. Not sure if that area was overlooked by the cleaning companies or what, but it does leave carbon build up on every range day. The picture in this post is the area I can clean with the Otis tool. It is the other side that I can't get into. Went to Lowes, Home Depot, trying to think outside the box to even make a tool.  Any ideas or is anyone as OCD as this?

• By My1stGlock
      Couldn't find anything on the forums on this model. Other than the magazines is this Jersey legal out of the box? 
      Would I have to pin the barrel? Can I use the std P2P to pick one of these up?

http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/154597/91350/cz-scorpion-evo-3-s1-9mm-pistol

• By mikka1
      Question to all CZ owners - where do you get mags for your babies? :-) (I am not even saying "NJ-compliant" now, LOL)
      I looked in the pinned thread and the only place selling CZ75 mags listed was CDNN - checked there and they are out of stock (though I heard that they are of crappy quality anyway...).

Everyone on the web suggests to go for Mec-Gar mags saying that they are essentially the same as factory ones, but I was unable to find any compliant mags online, only 16-rounders like this one - http://www.midwayusa.com/product/918412/mec-gar-magazine-cz-75-9mm-luger-16-round-steel-blue

Or original ones like those -
      http://www.midwayusa.com/product/157778/cz-magazine-cz-75-sp-01-9mm-luger-18-round-steel-blue

So, how to get a CZ75 mag? Anybody in NJ usually has them in stock?
      Or is there any online dealer that could send a non-compliant mag to PRNJ and make it a headache of a buyer how to pin it? (Yes, I know, it's not very legal, just asking). Or sending one to some friends in free states and then getting them later is the only way to go?

Appreciate your advice,

Thanks