Krdshrk

OBRPC 3-Gun 9/27/15

LoL , that picture is pretty funny Nick.

Vlad, no - I have no interest in watching a bunch of guys spend 3/4 of the stage trying to bumble in some shotgun reloads, and then the rest shooting ( missing ) a steel target at like 300 yards for like 6 minutes.

I'd rather go to the dentist. 

Squad with Dr. John and accomplish two things at once. 

Who's your buddy?

Given the divisions we apparently made up for this match, the answer is probably Pump Iron.  Don't sweat that because you can change your division until the last minute.

Bring water, sun screen, or whatever else you need for being outside for a while

Apparently the boyscouts will be there serving food.

I'll bring you an array of shotgun ammo carrying options, you can decided what would work for you.

Don't worry about it, come on out and shoot, it will be fun.

Distances will be up to 100 yards for rifle, probably no further then 30 yards for pistol. Know where your shotgun slugs impact as well.  

Round count advise from earlier in the thread remains valid, bring at least 200 of pistol/rifle/shotgun and some slugs. You won't use it all, but if you have a reshoot or two for whatever reason you will wish you brought extra. 

Matches at Old Bridge usually start around 10am, but be there early for registration around 9am. If this is your first 3gun match, definitely be there early for a new shooter briefing. 

is there still openings? i'm supposed to have a game on sunday but it may get cancelled, if it does i would love to try this out. Only thing is i have no shotgun. I may be able to borrow one unless someone wants to spot me? if so, what and how much shotgun ammo will i need? (not going to lie) limited experience with shotgun, just some clay shooting. but always with friends ammo/guns

i have the AR 223/556 (3 15rnd mags)

M&P 9mm (5 15rnd mags)

speed belt

3 pistol mag pouches

3 spots for ar mags (1 double and 1 single)

holster.

Do i need them all? is holster allowed/needed?

I have done a rimfire match at OB and loved it. I would like to try and play with the big boys too!!

I'll be there and early to help set up again. Looking forward to my second go, so come along first timers you'll love it :) I just hope my Freedommunnitions delivery arrives tomorrow but foolishly didn't order more slugs.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

is there still openings? i'm supposed to have a game on sunday but it may get cancelled, if it does i would love to try this out. Only thing is i have no shotgun. I may be able to borrow one unless someone wants to spot me? if so, what and how much shotgun ammo will i need? (not going to lie) limited experience with shotgun, just some clay shooting. but always with friends ammo/guns

i have the AR 223/556 (3 15rnd mags)

M&P 9mm (5 15rnd mags)

speed belt

3 pistol mag pouches

3 spots for ar mags (1 double and 1 single)

holster.

Do i need them all? is holster allowed/needed?

I have done a rimfire match at OB and loved it. I would like to try and play with the big boys too!!

Check the first post for registration link.  You will need a shotgun.  I will be bringing a backup shotgun that can be used as a potential loaner...

Assume you will need slings. Most of the time you don't but every now and then you do, so pack them even if you don't use them, I have slings that just live in my rifle/shotgun bag.

The only other advice I can give is come in with an open mind and have fun.

In the morning I'll go over safety and rules and pitfalls with all the "new" shooters, so that stuff we'll talk about at the range.

Maybe watch some 3gun videos to get the blood flowing?

I've a transport issue tomorrow now and wonder if anyone here is in the Montclair/Bloomfield area or driving past GSP exit 151 and would be willing to give me a ride. I'll contribute to gas money of course. Renting a car to get to range is an expensive complicated option. Thanks.

EDIT: transport issue resolved so should be there early to help setup, but will be leaving by 4pm so hope all over my then :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks Vlad. Way to go, 2nd overall and first shooter on each stage. You would have definitely won the match if you weren't. For reference, can you clarify which stage was which?

I didn't post the scores, Jim did, so thanks go to him.

The order of the stages by name starts with the Pit1/Pit2 combo stages and goes around the range, if that makes sense.

Is this accurate:

Twice the fun was the multi-pit stage, BRM was the stage we finished on(slugs through different ports), Round and Round started with the angled shooting platform, Dave Can't Dance was door-breaching, Only Fair was the 50yd range, and Whatever It Takes was the 100yd range.

Yep that sounds correct

BTW you guys on my squad did awesome and you worked well resetting and cleaning up at the end. Thank you for that, as we didn't get off range putting everything away until 7:30. Without the extra help breaking down the extra stage we would have been there longer. We were parking away stuff by flashlight :)