njpilot

New NRA Ad

Glad to see our membership dollars paying for these great ads! Just wish they paid more attention to New Jersey!!! Imagine a well made ad

telling the rest of the country how bad they trample on our 2A rights here! It could make a huge difference!!!!!

They can care less for NJ NY CA .....I'm a life member but wont give them another penny till they do anything at all to fight for us in this state

With all due respect, wrong answer.

Plenty of states have complaints about the NRA. Their record is wishy washy in Pennsylvania, the Commonwealth with the strongest 2nd Amendment tradition among the States. They have helped, but they were usually seeking to ride coattails to glory. As an example, our "Castle Doctrine" (really Stand Your Ground) was neutered by them at the last minute even though all the details had been agreed to without them.

If it wasn't for the NRA, you wouldn't be worrying about pinky tests and where to get mags pinned to 15 rounds. All your shit would be illegal. You'd have a 3 round shotgun and a One Gun a Life rule.

We don't wait for the NRA to solve our problems in Pennsylvania, and there is no reason you should cry if they don't solve your problems in Jersey. But we (the NRA) have saved our asses on the national level repeatedly and without them all would be lost. I love GOA and Pratt but without the NRA we would be doomed.

And the NRA has been purified by fire. Their Fud days are over. They have embraced and now champion Gun Culture 2.0. They are all in.

So man up and join the fight, and join the NRA.

With all due respect, wrong answer.

Plenty of states have complaints about the NRA. Their record is wishy washy in Pennsylvania, the Commonwealth with the strongest 2nd Amendment tradition among the States. They have helped, but they were usually seeking to ride coattails to glory. As an example, our "Castle Doctrine" (really Stand Your Ground) was neutered by them at the last minute even though all the details had been agreed to without them.

If it wasn't for the NRA, you wouldn't be worrying about pinky tests and where to get mags pinned to 15 rounds. All your shit would be illegal. You'd have a 3 round shotgun and a One Gun a Life rule.

We don't wait for the NRA to solve our problems in Pennsylvania, and there is no reason you should cry if they don't solve your problems in Jersey. But we (the NRA) have saved our asses on the national level repeatedly and without them all would be lost. I love GOA and Pratt but without the NRA we would be doomed.

And the NRA has been purified by fire. Their Fud days are over. They have embraced and now champion Gun Culture 2.0. They are all in.

So man up and join the fight, and join the NRA.

I already said that I was a life member. I had a specific problem that a group of us affected reached out to the NRA with not even a courtesy reply.....We called and emailed everyone up to LaPierre. The only one who offered help and called me was Jack Fiamingo the next morning, mind you I wasn't even a NJ2AS member ..... I guess tbey have done some good for us..... However being they know how to reach out to me for more donations they could have responded to us members that were in need even if it was to say tbey could not or would not get involved.

Good video, but IMHO kind of geared toward "2A supporters." The NRA already has those people.

There are many people "on the fence" and that's where future ads should target. The NRA needs to show that gun enthusiasts are not Fudds, Mall Ninjas, or Rednecks, but everyday people who enjoy a really fun sport and/or want to defend themselves.

Good video, but IMHO kind of geared toward "2A supporters." The NRA already has those people.

No, they don't. All the gun owners in this country and NRA has about 4 million members. There is a lot of low hanging fruit and THAT is where they should set their sights, not on fence sitters.

Just saw a new ad by Wayne LaPierre talking about the Carol Bowne story.

Just caught the same on on TheFive on Foxnews - Was quite surprised, and pleased to see them do something related to New Jermany!

Glad to see our membership dollars paying for these great ads! Just wish they paid more attention to New Jersey!!! Imagine a well made ad

telling the rest of the country how bad they trample on our 2A rights here! It could make a huge difference!!!!!

Maybe they're paying attention , just saw the latest ad , LaPierre talking about the Carol Bowne murder , sorry no YouTube link.

Way too slow

There are many people "on the fence" and that's where future ads should target. The NRA needs to show that gun enthusiasts are not Fudds, Mall Ninjas, or Rednecks, but everyday people who enjoy a really fun sport and/or want to defend themselvPrecisily

Precisely................I find the ad rather trite and simplistic. Geared towards the very demographics that is already among the ranks of gun owners, so just another fund raiser IMHO.

Precisely................I find the ad rather trite and simplistic. Geared towards the very demographics that is already among the ranks of gun owners, so just another fund raiser IMHO.

The NRA finally does something very positive for NJ, geared to the simplistic apathetic people that live here and your complaining? 

How about sharing that video with everyone you know?

Maybe it will start something that will make needed change in this State.

My wife just showed me this ad that ran tonight on The Five. I thought it was terrific. Succinct and to the point.

Woman is terrorized, woman gets restraining order but realizes that's just paper, applies to own a gun and is neglected to death. The State Of New Jersey Approach is a massive failure that contributed to a woman's death.

That logic is apparent to anyone who is rational and impartial, and not just already-convinced 2A supporters.

Hoplophobes, of course, will not be moved.

P.S. And I LOVED the Trenton imagery. How about "Trenton Fakes, The Criminals Take"?

Update: I will copy this post to the thread about the new ad specifically and pick up from there. Saw this one first.