Dr.Jimmy Rustler

good place to view 9/11 memorial lights

Best place in NJ is Jersey CIty's Exchange Place section - the pier next to the Hyatt Hotel. Dead on view of the WTC.

If you want a real close up, the best place in NYC to view the WTC is at the Living Room bar at the Downtown W Hotel (Tribeca).

Best place in NJ is Jersey CIty's Exchange Place section - the pier next to the Hyatt Hotel. Dead on view of the WTC.

If you want a real close up, the best place in NYC to view the WTC is at the Living Room bar at the Downtown W Hotel (Tribeca).

I second the exchange place section. Google J Owen Grundy Park and its straight across from WTC

How many of you have been to "ground zero?"

I was there right after it happened!!! So many people bringing flowers, candles, photos, stuffed animals and the like! Crying inconsolably! The entire area  was covered in white dust! I reverently picked up some pieces of papers with the names of companies in the WTC and some of the dust and placed it all in a paper cup I found with the American flag on the side. My wife threw it away thinking it may have been contaminated or something!

I saw grief and loss at it's worst and I will never forget OR FORGIVE!!! Today it is all so nicely arranged with the memorial pools and such, which I also visited. But to see it first hand it looked like a nuclear bomb had struck!!! The wreckage seemed to go on forever!!!!! The facades of neighboring buildings were just torn off!!! It is one thing to watch it on TV, To see it up close, it looked like a war scene from your worst nightmare!! Call me a wuss, but I can't stop the tears from just reliving the pain and anger from what I saw and felt back then!!!!!!!!! It changes you forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must assume that Mipafox saw first hand the aftermath of 9-11! Based on his comments, I understand his anger! Only seeing the devastation first hand as I did can do that to you!!!!! He must have been there!!!

I was living in downtown Jersey City when it happened. The following days they were taking in volunteers from Exchange Place to travel to ground zero to help distribute supplies. But even from Exchange Place I found the smoke and fumes to be overpowering. I didn't want to cross just to end up getting sick and being a burden on rescuers so I just helped load boats. Makes me ill thinking about what was behind that burning smell. Jet fuel, buildings, innocent victims....

I asked my 8 year old daughter what she knew about Sept 11 and she said it was about "two big buildings in New York that fell over". So I had her watch a movie on youtube that had recordings of calls from people trapped in the buildings and first responders. It included final words to 911 or answering machine messages with their final "I love you" and "take care of the kids if I don't make it out". I want to be damn sure she knows it's a LOT more than just a day that a couple of buildings fell over.