Howard

3-Year Plea Deal for Morristown HQ possessor

From Morristown Patch:

The man who was arrested after being found inside Morristown’s Headquarters Plaza with two Glock 9MM handguns was offered a plea deal Tuesday that could have him out of prison in just one year.

Andrew Pfitzenmayer, 26, was in court and offered a three-year deal that would have him eligible for parole in just one year, nj.com reported. Pfitzenmayer has until Oct. 27, his next court date, to take the deal, the report said.

Pfitzenmayer was arrested July 29 when police responded to someone “acting suspiciously” in the business area of the building. When Pfitzenmayer, of Peapack-Gladstone, was apprehended, police found him wearing a bulletproof vest; in possession of two handguns, which he legally owned; magazines filled with hollow-point bullets; a bag filled with handcuffs; and a fake badge.

Pfitzenmayer was jailed on $100,000 bail, which was posted just a few days later and underwent a psychological evaluation this month.

If Pfitzenmayer takes the deal he’ll be admitting to unlawful possession of a handgun, while the charge of possession of illegal ammunition would be dropped, the report said.

As usual, the criminal gets off easy.  If it was one of us getting caught stopping for gas while lawfully transporting an unloaded pistol in the trunk, we would never see the light of day again.

If he was shopping in PA he would not have been a criminal. Not sure where the moral distinction is coming from between you vs. him.

They said he legally owned the handguns. Sounds like a B-rate criminal to me.

If he was shopping in PA he would not have been a criminal. Not sure where the moral distinction is coming from between you vs. him.

2 hand guns, bullet proof vest, bag full of handcuffs, and fake badge.  Shopping? 

These are the kinds of people that should be locked up. Not the guy with an unloaded cased handgun in his trunk that a prosecutor hammered with 7 years in prison. That's what he's talking about. The guy transporting his handgun legally within the state's laws went to jail for 7 years. They guy who was about to rob a store and handcuff everyone gets a plea deal. It's BS.

2 hand guns, bullet proof vest, bag full of handcuffs, and fake badge. Shopping?

No, he obviously knocked over a liquor store.

You obviously haven't met any of my friends. :D

Please just stay in Jersey. And vote there. Or, even better, don't vote.

We really need to blow these bridges.

So your saying that if someone walks into a mall in PA with a carry permit and legal gun, wearing body armor and carrying hand cuffs and a fake badge they won't get arrested? What world do you live in? Even if they weren't armed but had all the other stuff they would get arrested. Carying a gun while shopping is one thing, but body armor, cuffs and fake badge is a totally different story.

Sent from my LG-G4 using Tapatalk

As usual, the criminal gets off easy.  If it was one of us getting caught stopping for gas while lawfully transporting an unloaded pistol in the trunk, we would never see the light of day again.

You are absolutely correct that legal gun owners simply stopping for gas will be arrested and have nothing to plea down to -  will be locked up and the key thrown away.

Also since he's legal firearm owner from Peapack-Gladstone NJ, not PA, he knows the NJ law. He was up to something and should be arrested. The arguments that "this would be legal in XYZ state" is not germane to this particular case.

You are absolutely correct that legal gun owners simply stopping for gas will be arrested and have nothing to plea down to -  will be locked up and the key thrown away.

Also since he's legal firearm owner from Peapack-Gladstone NJ, not PA, he knows the NJ law. He was up to something and should be arrested. The arguments that "this would be legal in XYZ state" is not germane to this particular case.

In most jurisdictions in the US you are a criminal after you commit a crime, not before you commit one. But don't worry that day will come. 

If you side with the arrest then you believe we don't have the right to carry two handguns and hollow point ammo. If we don't have that right why do all of us come here to bellyache about not having that right?

Plus don't believe everything you read on the Internet or in the insanely anti-gun NJ press. Hard to believe a white guy was offered just one year for what amount to three (alleged) Graves Act violations plus the (alleged) handcuffs and the (alleged) body armor.

In most jurisdictions in the US you are a criminal after you commit a crime, not before you commit one. But don't worry that day will come. 

If you side with the arrest then you believe we don't have the right to carry two handguns and hollow point ammo. If we don't have that right why do all of us come here to bellyache about not having that right?

Plus don't believe everything you read on the Internet or in the insanely anti-gun NJ press. Hard to believe a white guy was offered just one year for what amount to three (alleged) Graves Act violations plus the (alleged) handcuffs and the (alleged) body armor.

I like how you and mipa turn this into a gun and hollow point discussion.  Yes I called him a criminal, not because he had pistols and hollow points, but because he was also wearing body armor and had hand cuffs and a FAKE BADGE, in a shopping mall.  Why would he need all that in a mall???  Logically, if he wasn't already a criminal he was planning on becoming one.  Maybe he didn't have criminal intentions, maybe he was just insane, in either case I was pointing out the disparage in how the law gets applied.  A law abiding sane gun owner would never go shopping with body armor, hand cuffs, and a fake badge.  You can say allegedly as much as you want, but if he was arrested with all that on him then allegations become facts rather quickly.   

I like how you and mipa turn this into a gun and hollow point discussion.  Yes I called him a criminal, not because he had pistols and hollow points, but because he was also wearing body armor and had hand cuffs and a FAKE BADGE, in a shopping mall.  Why would he need all that in a mall???  Logically, if he wasn't already a criminal he was planning on becoming one.  Maybe he didn't have criminal intentions, maybe he was just insane, in either case I was pointing out the disparage in how the law gets applied.  A law abiding sane gun owner would never go shopping with body armor, hand cuffs, and a fake badge.  You can say allegedly as much as you want, but if he was arrested with all that on him then allegations become facts rather quickly.   

Let's temporarily assume that it's not about the guns and ammo, which we all know it was.

So you see an unarmed guy in a mall with a fake badge. Do you call the cops? They only know he's wearing body armor and is carrying handcuffs after searching him, which he can refuse because wearing a fake Batman badge is not probable cause and they have no warrant.

I like how you and mipa turn this into a gun and hollow point discussion. Yes I called him a criminal, not because he had pistols and hollow points, but because he was also wearing body armor and had hand cuffs and a FAKE BADGE, in a shopping mall. Why would he need all that in a mall??? Logically, if he wasn't already a criminal he was planning on becoming one. Maybe he didn't have criminal intentions, maybe he was just insane, in either case I was pointing out the disparage in how the law gets applied. A law abiding sane gun owner would never go shopping with body armor, hand cuffs, and a fake badge. You can say allegedly as much as you want, but if he was arrested with all that on him then allegations become facts rather quickly.

Body armor, handcuffs, and a fake badge aren't illegal to possess. [EDIT: I stand corrected on the handcuffs.] Is it a good idea to carry them around everywhere? Probably not. I never would. But we don't get the right to tell anyone what they need any more than the anti-gunners have a right to tell you what you need. Why do you need guns at all? Planning on becoming a criminal?

This man broke a handgun law, which means he is every bit a criminal as the NJ handgun owner who takes the scenic route to the range. Which, of course, would still make you a criminal if caught.

The fact that you can take this same scenario over a state border and suddenly lose grounds for arrest is proof positive that you cannot legislate morality.

Welcome to NJ. Guilty until proven innocent.

F you all. I like wearing body armor to the mall and carrying my grammar cop badge.

Never know when some hoodlum is going to demand you turn your Range Rover over to him in the parking lot...

Interesting you mention that. Last night "UnderWorld Inc" had episode on carjacking.  Range Rover is one of the top targets. And PRNJ is the hub for majority of "exports".  Its scary to watch the hoodlums follow the victims and claim to take it by any means necessary.   Add inability to carry in NJ, its perfect setup for the perps. 

Interesting you mention that. Last night "UnderWorld Inc" had episode on carjacking.  Range Rover is one of the top targets. And PRNJ is the hub for majority of "exports".  Its scary to watch the hoodlums follow the victims and claim to take it by any means necessary.   Add inability to carry in NJ, its perfect setup for the perps.

Dustin Friedland.

NJ State Statute says
"k. Handcuffs. Any person who knowingly has in his possession handcuffs as defined in P.L.1991, c.437 (C.2C:39-9.2), under circumstances not manifestly appropriate for such lawful uses as handcuffs may have, is guilty of a disorderly persons offense. A law enforcement officer shall confiscate handcuffs possessed in violation of the law.