Newtonian

ammo shortage?

Don't know if this is the right forum to post this in but I've been getting a lot of info on back orders I've filed over the last 3-4 years. 

.22lr seems to be available again but it's still 10-20 cents/round, and when you add shipping and limits much more. You could have got it for 10 cents through ammoseek throughout the "crisis."

.380 doesn't seem to have gone down at all either. Luckily I dumped my .380.

9mm seems to have come down 30% or more from the peak. Saw an add for <$11.00/50. I wasn't shooting it five years ago: Is that a decent "pre-crisis" price?

You can find 22 for less than 10¢ per round fairly regularly now, but you have to be online and look for deals.  i bought about 2500 rounds a few weeks back for what came out to be 6.75¢ per round delivered.  Even Minimags can be had for less than 10¢ per round on a somewhat regular basis. 

Cant comment on 380, but 9mm is plentiful and cheap these days.  $11 per box can be found every day and when there are good deals, you can get it for $10 per box delivered. 

Stock up now at these prices, as there will almost inevitably be another shortage/rush on ammo in the future. 

I picked up 525x10 bricks of federal 745 for $0.085/rnd shipped.

granted I only shoot jacketed because I'm a lazy fuck and don't want to have to clean lead out of my .22's all the damn time, otherwise I could find .22lr for about $0.05/rnd.

and it might be time to go camel sniffing for more, even if i have 12k in stock.

also if you want cheap, it's still pretty damn hard to beat freedom munitions. 9mm 115gr for $9.69/50 and .380 100gr for $11.60/50 in their blaster line. wait for another one of their free shipping deals and go nuts.

yup, i stopped shooting .22lr. I have a couple thousand rounds tucked away, but until i get my hands on more(cheaply) i just shoot the other calibers that came back down to reasonable prices.

Yeah but .22lr is still the cheapest ammo you can find. Even at $11/50 9mm is twice as expensive as bulk .22. I shoot 350-400 rounds of .22 every time I go out. If I shot that many 9x19 or 9x18 my hand would fall off and I'd be living in a cardboard box.

It's more on principle. I'm not paying more then 5c a round maybe 6c for cci. I refuse to pay inflated prices due to demand. Component prices have tanked since chinas market sucks.

I'm with you on that....just because .22 is slightly cheaper than 9mm its still not priced where it belongs & im not buying it during gouging season

it may be a bucket o turds (and i wouldnt necessarily buy them) and it may be sold out 5 hours after i posted the link, but they were certainly available and in stock when i posted it (and it was less than 6.5¢ per round)..  stuff is there, you just have to pay attention.  i know, some dont have access to the internet during the day, but all we can do is post stuff when its found