Sign in to follow this  
glockamole

No Permit Extension In Sayreville

They said they got too many requests to do it... Maybe if I didn't have a permit that was only valid for 90 days nobody would be bothered lol. I only needed 1 and got a 10mm Glock with it. These were just because so I'm not that mad. I just need to shop in the next week for something fun! She said if I had a receipt for a sale they would extend it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

They said they got too many requests to do it... Maybe if I didn't have a permit that was only valid for 90 days nobody would be bothered lol. I only needed 1 and got a 10mm Glock with it. These were just because so I'm not that mad. I just need to shop in the next week for something fun! She said if I had a receipt for a sale they would extend it.

That's BS. If they had too many people apply for permits would they stop issuing because it's too much work? When they told you "no" I would have asked for all the paperwork to apply for a permit and simply applied again for spite. If they don't feel like stamping an existing permit then make them do all the paper work for a new application instead.

In Woodbridge you bring in the permit and they stamp it right there and hand it back to you. Takes them 5 seconds.

"if it saves just one life......" .....total horse shit just another was to restrict ...probably just figured out they CAN say no.....and imagine if someone told that went back and bought a pistol paid in full brings the receipt back ..and they say.."I'm sorry we do not extend permits any more because...(insert some bs reason)" ......knowing all sales are final/no refunds the person would have to reapply...and wait unknown time all the while shop having to hold gun...some shops have no issues doing that while others may...

"if it saves just one life......" .....total horse shit just another was to restrict ...probably just figured out they CAN say no.....and imagine if someone told that went back and bought a pistol paid in full brings the receipt back ..and they say.."I'm sorry we do not extend permits any more because...(insert some bs reason)" ......knowing all sales are final/no refunds the person would have to reapply...and wait unknown time all the while shop having to hold gun...some shops have no issues doing that while others may...

I'm not sure that is the case. Sayreville has always been very easy going and we still have the same mayor and police chief as far as I know. I'm not sure if this is from the chief or someone else.

Personally, I would ask to speak with the chief and ask why this was changed. And I would call the mayor and ask why this policy was implemented if the chief refused to meet with you.

Shrugging this crap off is how we end up with lots of made up rules, the way to nip this in the bud is to actually oppose these things as they happen.

at least they're good with the originals.  my last town was illegally restricting everyone to ONE permit per application (even if you put down 4) telling everyone that they didn't NEED more than 1 at a time.  Oh yeah, and they also did not extend permits under any circumstance.

Apply for 15 more just because now.

This.

Dont they realize that its potentially more paperwork for them to do when you apply for a new ones now.

Luckily my town renews expred permits in one day as long as the 180 days have not elapsed of course.................and if the chief is there in 15min.

I'm going to call and see what the deal is. The lady in charge if firearms has always been nice and great with me. Both times with my original ID/permit and my address change/3 permits I had them in hand about 25 days after applying. She stated something about the prosecutor being upset by all the request??? What does he have to do with this? I'm not being prosecuted lol.

That's BS. If they had too many people apply for permits would they stop issuing because it's too much work? When they told you "no" I would have asked for all the paperwork to apply for a permit and simply applied again for spite. If they don't feel like stamping an existing permit then make them do all the paper work for a new application instead.In Woodbridge you bring in the permit and they stamp it right there and hand it back to you. Takes them 5 seconds.

Yeah...I bet they wouldn't rather do a whole app again instead of a 2 second signature

Well, my story-that really sucks is-I picked up my 3 permits on 10/12...that were back dated 9/05. Really?

Let's see if I get extensions.

Did they sit on them for awhile before they notified you that they were ready, or did they just wait for you to contact them to see if they were ready? My town sends a letter when they are ready to be picked up. Usually I only loose a day or 2 and they extend on the spot if needed.

Oh, they sat on them. Now I'm trying to get one of them extended. Sitting on that now for 3 weeks...Unbelievable.

Did they sit on them for awhile before they notified you that they were ready, or did they just wait for you to contact them to see if they were ready? My town sends a letter when they are ready to be picked up. Usually I only loose a day or 2 and they extend on the spot if needed.

Best thing to do is as soon as you pick up your permits, apply for another set...that way, no need to renew and you always have good permits to purchase as you please without waiting.

That is a good strategy....better to have & not need then the other way around

Oh, they sat on them. Now I'm trying to get one of them extended. Sitting on that now for 3 weeks...Unbelievable.

did you inform nj2as or ANJRPC?

We are all in this together. These groups need to build there databases. Takes you 15 min tops.

Or you can just post here

Yea, I am an NJ2AS Member and an NRA member. I am giving them a solid month(even as it annoys the HELL out of me) then the calls start-NJ2AS, State Police(as my FFL believes will light a fire under their *ss).

I'm must say, I am sick of the treatment. Since a new COP was sworn in about 1 1/2 yrs ago...the process in my town has come to a crawl. I used to get them back in 29-30 days max..the last 2x I applied-3-4 months. Total disrespect of the laws they are sworn to abide. It amazes me that the law abiding have to deal with this in NJ, sickening. I have NEVER had troubles with the law. Crooks go down to Paterson or Passaic or Irvington...wherever thugs go, and purchase, no permit necessary...It's really a crazy state we live in, run by loons.

Rant over, shell empty.

did you inform nj2as or ANJRPC?
We are all in this together. These groups need to build there databases. Takes you 15 min tops.

Or you can just post here