TonyS.

DIY Reactive type targets?

Don't know if this is old news around here but figured I'd post it.  So after finding this video about homemade Shoot-n-C type targets I decided to give it a whirl. I bought a 24"x50' roll of  carpet shield and cheap flat black spray paint from HD. From a local dollar store I bought sheets of 24"x48" neon green paper for $.60/each. I use an old can of safety orange spray paint for the bullseye using a cutout round to spray the bullseye on top of the black. I cut the paper into smaller sections instead of wasting a whole 2'x4' for one shooting session.  I figure I got a lot of targets I can make for under what you pay for SnC targets.  I gotta get some pics up but I gotta admit the targets are easy and fast to make and work just fine for my 25yards shooting. Anyone else doing this?

I genuinely admire your ingenuity and ambition.  But I buy Shoot-N-C type targets in quantity for under a dollar each, which works out to around the same cost as 3-5 shots, depending on what ammo I'm using, so my laziness prevails.  I will confess to using the pasters to repair targets, which is also probably not a terribly efficient expenditure of time, given the numbers above.  

Thanks, but are you gonna let us in on the secret of where you get reactive types for under a buck each, Old Glock Guy? :)

I genuinely admire your ingenuity and ambition.  But I buy Shoot-N-C type targets in quantity for under a dollar each, which works out to around the same

cost as 3-5 shots, depending on what ammo I'm using, so my laziness prevails.  I will confess to using the pasters to repair targets, which is also

probably not a terribly efficient expenditure of time, given the numbers above.  

Thanks, but are you gonna let us in on the secret of where you get reactive types for under a buck each, Old Glock Guy? :)

I tend to get the Caldwell Orange Peel targets for cheap - Midway has them on sale occasionally.  They're "Factory 2nds" which means they may not be as sticky or something... but they stick just fine to targets and splatter just as well..

Sure thing.  Here are a few to get you started:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_9?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=shoot-n-c+targets&sprefix=shoot-n-c%2Caps%2C139

Just make sure to get enough so you spend over $35 to get free shipping.  (Unless you happen to have Amazon Prime,

which will give you free shipping regardless of the size of your order.)

On your printer at home print a very fine grid pattern on the entire page with a gray scale dot in the middle.

Get the cheapest paper plates you can find and a couple of boxes of glue dots.

or

http://www.pop-n-glo.com/  Sometimes you will find 10% off coupon.  Always a discount on re orders.

Thanks Old Glock Guy.  T Bill, printer ink costs waay too darn much. Batteries and printer ink....if I could own the market on these two items I'd be a gazzilionaire! :)   I've used Pop-n-glow's before. Good stuff but I can make up these targets faster when I need them. I do recommend Pop-n-glow's over the ShootnC's.

I just grab these 6" 100 packs w free shipping works out to .18-.20 cents each, less if you re-use them with the repair dots.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/birchwood-casey-6-shoot-n-c-targets-100-pack?p=e525r&i=215608&CJ=1&cjaffilid=4084797&cjaffsite=Slickguns+Inc&cjadv=CJTSGUSA&cjadvid=1522857&utm_source=Slickguns+Inc&utm_medium=CJ&utm_campaign=SPG+Product+Catalog+-+SportsmansGuide.com

free ship (ends today?) sh1526

free ship w $49 min  sh1353

I have put clear packing tape over bright colored construction paper and then spray painted over the tape with black paint. It worked pretty good but I usually just use paper plates. I can see the holes fairly easily and I always have them at the house so I just swipe a few from the kitchen on the way out the door

I have put clear packing tape over bright colored construction paper and then spray painted over the tape with black paint. It worked pretty good but I usually just use paper plates. I can see the holes fairly easily and I always have them at the house so I just swipe a few from the kitchen on the way out the door

Sounds good but what distance are you shooting though? I'm doing 25yards indoors so I need something easily seen from that distance.

I shoot paper plates regularly at EFGA at the pistol range out to 25 yards and can see the holes no problem. not 22, but I can see 9mm, 38, and 45 holes no problem. I don't like to shoot at indoor ranges and cant remember the last time I shot at one so I don't know about shooting plates in lower light conditions like an indoor range. 

I just grab these 6" 100 packs w free shipping works out to .18-.20 cents each, less if you re-use them with the repair dots.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/birchwood-casey-6-shoot-n-c-targets-100-pack?p=e525r&i=215608&CJ=1&cjaffilid=4084797&cjaffsite=Slickguns+Inc&cjadv=CJTSGUSA&cjadvid=1522857&utm_source=Slickguns+Inc&utm_medium=CJ&utm_campaign=SPG+Product+Catalog+-+SportsmansGuide.com

free ship (ends today?) sh1526

free ship w $49 min  sh1353

Hey I just bought 300 of these last week...great deal.

Too small for me for 25yds but may be good for others. Thanks.