revenger

warrantless car searches

Some pretty humorous posts. I am converting all my car's lamps to LED. Turn signals, parking, headlamps, brakes, dome, sunvisor, etc. They last longer than the car. Never burn out. Never getting pulled over.

Then I can drive around with drugs on the dashboard, eh?

LOL

Except when you install headlamps that aren't stock your car is no longer legal. Do everyone else on the road a favor and aim them properly. Don't be that asshat with the jalopy that installs them himself and blinds everybody that he passes. Those people make me want to buy a pickup truck and keep a pallet of walkway pavers in the bed to toss through windshields.

edit: I'm referring to the people that put the HID bulbs in reflector headlamps.

Well I doubt I put 20 miles on the car in the last 4 years. Maybe I should go for that collector deal with cars. I did change the housing too though.

Collector / classic insurance? be careful, VERY careful! I had a hagerty and grundy policy drafted up...unless you were going to/from a car show you are SOL if someone hits you or you hit them. Also have to keep it garaged and every household member must own a vehicle titled in his/her own name. Plenty of other restrictions, too. Sure the insurance is cheap for a car driven so little but the exclusions are extensive...I remember being told you couldn't even use it to pickup something from the store a half mile away...

Now if you meant classic/historic plates...be careful, some towns love pulling over cars with historic plates since NJ law says you can only use a vehicle registered as a classic/historic for "exhibition and educational purposes"...

My realization came when i almost got shot. The perp was a repeat violent offender. Double digit felony arrests and convictions. Multiple times with firearms. He was 28. After our encounter he is still only doing a 70 month federal bit

So, in other words...he received a free/all expense paid vacation for almost 6 years compliments of us tax payers. When he get's out and goes back to doing the same shit he might get another 6 year vacation out of the deal...

Yeah, our justice system is backwards.

So, in other words...he received a free/all expense paid vacation for almost 6 years compliments of us tax payers. When he get's out and goes back to doing the same shit he might get another 6 year vacation out of the deal...

Yeah, our justice system is backwards.

Not vacation, training.

Which is why I never put such bumper stickers for anything on my car.  Never had personalized plates, never a "red" sports car, etc. etc. etc.

All fine and dandy, but why should my rights be subservient to the whim of some flopstick with a wild hair across his keister? I'm a retired old man now but with ambush and other skills I learned and honed in the field a long time ago. I'll put a final period to the career of any badged up double digit IQ a**hole who tries to pull that crap on me now. I have all the time in the world to do it.

All fine and dandy, but why should my rights be subservient to the whim of some flopstick with a wild hair across his keister? I'm a retired old man now but with skills I learned a long time ago. I'll put a period to the career of any badged up double digit IQ a**hole who tries to pull that crap on me now. I have all the time in the world to do it.

If that's what you want, then God Bless... I prefer not to provoke a confrontation.

If that's what you want, then God Bless... I prefer not to provoke a confrontation.

Why should I advertise what I do or what organizations I am affiliated with on my car/truck? same with PBA shields...cops with common sense never put them on the windshield of a personal vehicle...not everyone likes cops and not everyone likes gun owners. It's not just LE pulling you over in a car plastered with NRA emblems and possibly poking around.

Why should I advertise what I do or what organizations I am affiliated with on my car/truck? same with PBA shields...cops with common sense never put them on the windshield of a personal vehicle...not everyone likes cops and not everyone likes gun owners. It's not just LE pulling you over in a car plastered with NRA emblems and possibly poking around.

That's precisely what I'm saying. We're on the same team here! :)