joy

Security of home Firearms

I would lay it right on the kitchen table in the open. And tell the guy working on the place "my gun is on the table in the kitchen, I'm off to work, I expect it to be there in the same spot when I get home". Problem solved.

That really made me laugh, lol

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Also FWIW, I'm still waiting on my P2P to come back, but in the meantime I picked up the Gunvault Nanovault NV200 on woot.com a few weeks ago for $23 shipped!  It's built well for what it is, it's where I plan to have my gun disassembled and locked when it's not being used at the range.  I also like the idea of taking it apart, hide some locked at home and the rest with you in your car to work.

Also FWIW, I'm still waiting on my P2P to come back, but in the meantime I picked up the Gunvault Nanovault NV200 on woot.com a few weeks ago for $23 shipped!  It's built well for what it is, it's where I plan to have my gun disassembled and locked when it's not being used at the range.  I also like the idea of taking it apart, hide some locked at home and the rest with you in your car to work.

is that just while you are not at home...or do you literally mean all the time? seems counterproductive in terms of self defense/home protection..but to each their own :scratchhead:

is that just while you are not at home...or do you literally mean all the time? seems counterproductive in terms of self defense/home protection..but to each their own :scratchhead:

As I mentioned I don't (yet) own a firearm, but it will be locked even when I'm home.  I'm not owning it for home protection though.  If I feel as though I need it for that reason I will stop locking it up when I'm home.

As I mentioned I don't (yet) own a firearm, but it will be locked even when I'm home.  I'm not owning it for home protection though.  If I feel as though I need it for that reason I will stop locking it up when I'm home.

i was more referring to the mentioning of taking it apart and separating the pieces...dependent on your personal situations locking may be "required" by law  

i was more referring to the mentioning of taking it apart and separating the pieces...dependent on your personal situations locking may be "required" by law  

Ahh, okay.  Yeah I would only lock it in pieces if I wasn't home and was in a situation like OP mentioned (having people in his home while he is not there).  My apologies if I incorrectly typed that in the first response, it's late and I'm up working (browsing the forums while waiting for things to load).

Ahh, okay.  Yeah I would only lock it in pieces if I wasn't home and was in a situation like OP mentioned (having people in his home while he is not there).  My apologies if I incorrectly typed that in the first response, it's late and I'm up working (browsing the forums while waiting for things to load).

understood