Malsua

Generators ready?

Still not certain on whether it'll hit us or not, we'll know better in the next 48hrs. It is labeled as the biggest "threat" since Sandy, so I guess we'll see. Stock up on that milk, bread, and other stupid stuff people buy before a storm. Good luck to everyone out there!

Still not certain on whether it'll hit us or not, we'll know better in the next 48hrs. It is labeled as the biggest "threat" since Sandy, so I guess we'll see. Stock up on that milk, bread, and other stupid stuff people buy before a storm. Good luck to everyone out there!

Yeah, everyone is hedging, but if the forecasts verify, it's a lot of water and  high winds...perfect recipe for power outages and flash floods.

Filling the cars up and getting generator gas NOW and whatever you can't do without is a good thing.   In the best scenario, it's just a drill.  In the worst, you're ready.

Yeah, everyone is hedging, but if the forecasts verify, it's a lot of water and  high winds...perfect recipe for power outages and flash floods.

Filling the cars up and getting generator gas NOW and whatever you can't do without is a good thing.   In the best scenario, it's just a drill.  In the worst, you're ready.

Completely agree. I just filled my car up the other day but will probably do again Saturday just in case. I work the next 6 days straight so wanna make sure there's gas in the car. Also told wifey to head out tomorrow and get stuff to eat in case of no power. She laughed and asked what the hell is she supposed to get to eat with no power, I told her Chef Boy R Dee LMFAO

Generac is ready. It really was torrential here last night.

Yeah, it was really coming down hard for a while and it was enough to wake me up. Our foam filled roof is typically silent and it takes a marching band next to my head to rouse me.

My 14kw Generac Standby is always ready but I may pick up a Harbor Freight gen in the event I just want to run the sumps and do maintenance on the big genset.

guess i gotta go rig the emergency entrance to my garage again.....i only have the one electric door........

They make door openers with battery back ups for exactly that scenario. Although I'll never understand why people so often build garages with no man door. I see it all the time (usually when someone calls because their door opener doesn't work.)

Yeah, it was really coming down hard for a while and it was enough to wake me up. Our foam filled roof is typically silent and it takes a marching band next to my head to rouse me.

My 14kw Generac Standby is always ready but I may pick up a Harbor Freight gen in the event I just want to run the sumps and do maintenance on the big genset.

I did the 20 guardian after Irene. I had no issues but plenty did. Since then I've run it too many times. I have battery and a small gas fired Honda that I use. I keep a spare maintenance kit, oil, filter and plugs in case it runs for an extended period. Fortunately these things are super easy to do the maintenance on.

My house is usually pretty quiet too but man that rain got me up and my dogs were a bit restless. I'm leaving to get to work early in case there's some flooding.

The latest models show the tropical storm is going to be less of a player but there are other elements in there.  I think no matter what we look at there is a significant rainfall coming.  The wind gust map shows hits up to 125mph in the Chesapeake areas and 60mph in south Jersey.  There is still a lot of time for change and with the morning runs, at least the 6z GFS, the Joaquin storm looks to come ashore earlier in NC which means we get the same amount of rain but not as bad with wind.   There is still 100 hours to go, and no model seems to have a handle on this.