High Exposure

USSOCOM Issues Safety of Use Message for EOTech

That target is slightly large then 2MOA at that distance. If you know your zero and your drop, you can certainly hit it. I see people all the time hitting 10" targets at 400 yards with red dots on the first shot but the BIG important thing is light and contrast. You need to be able to see the damn target to hit it and if the light is crappy, or there are trees and shadows and the target isn't a freshly painted the scopes are a lot easier.

Usually in competitions when we have people shooting irons and red dots in the same squad as scope shooters, we let the guys without amplified optics shoot first, as the targets are usually freshly painted for them.

Yeah it sucks for people shooting in extreme Conditions. That's not me. I'm sure they'll fix the issue and move on.

Ford vs Chevy

Ar vs ak

Its the same argument over and over.

If they offer a fix I'll do it. If not my sight is still working fine.

I am not sure why I am even jumping into this... 

but the situation is way simpler than you are making it..

* YOUR eotech and lots of others work fine.. we get it..

* historically Aimpoints suffer far less issues..

* this new info is just adding to the unreliable nature of eotech

so with those things being accurate.. why would you not just minimize your potential for failure and go with Aimpoint when products like the PRO are extremely affordable...

why wait until you have one of the numerous reported issues.. 

sure.. its like "car A VS car B" its exactly like that.. but if both are similar prices and multiple people tell you "car B" has a tendency to have the alternator fry the battery causing the car to break down.. and leave you stranded when you need it most.. would choosing it anyway not be foolish?

I have eotechs aimpoints mepro21 & trijicon reflex and am happy with all of them but by far my favorite is my eotech xps .....love the reticle & large window

I love the xps. I'm not sure how to take this news. I have plenty of ammo through mine with no issues.

So what's the deal here... They loose zero in heat because of the glass? Why wouldn't zero return upon cooling then?

I am not sure what causes the shift.. but if an optic shifts in any way at a given temp.. it is unlikely that the optic would return to the exact same position when the temp goes back to whatever is "normal".. as things are effected by hot and cold and start to move around.. the return to whatever resting position is.. its just a lot of faith to put in something... I know that is vague.. but if you have ever heated and cooled something it is unusual for something to return to the exact same position, size, shape, etc..  and small variances in an optic are amplified down range over distance.. 

I can honestly say that I probably won't be going back to another eotech after messing around with my new PRO.  The 30k hour battery life is just icing on the cake...  and somehow the star-burst effect from my astigmatism isn't as bad on the pro as the last RDS I had.  Love the QRP2 mount as well - a really solidly built optic.