gunnarsport

How far to your home range?

Curious. Whats in the transport laws that preventing the 30 sec trip to GFH ?

I work across the street from GFH. I would love to take a few handguns in my trunk on the way to work in the AM, and have a lunch time or after work range session. But no that would only put me in jeopardy of 7 years in prison.

I work across the street from GFH. I would love to take a few handguns in my trunk on the way to work in the AM, and have a lunch time or after work range session. But no that would only put me in jeopardy of 7 years in prison.

well..   hmm.....   no chance that you could actually PARK at GFH and walk across the street to work on those days you want to shoot at lunch or after work?  if its parked at a range, not much they can say about it, no?   (just thinkin out of the box)

well.. hmm..... no chance that you could actually PARK at GFH and walk across the street to work on those days you want to shoot at lunch or after work? if its parked at a range, not much they can say about it, no? (just thinkin out of the box)

I think the GFH guys would mind (rightfully so) losing some of their limited parking for 10 hours during the day.

I think the GFH guys would mind (rightfully so) losing some of their limited parking for 10 hours during the day.

Ask 'em! They might agree to let you do it on a slow weekday if you commit to spending some amount of money in range time in return.

OP, I'm current member at CRRC, 30 mins out. Yes they have two indoor ranges now and the Jones range was prob renovated a little over a year ago. The Malkin range looks fairly new as well. It's a nice bunch over there. They actually have an open house this Sun, 18 and next Sun, 25. Starts at 12pm & ends at dusk. This would be a great opportunity for u to check it out again if that location works for you. I think they are charging a fee but check their site for the details. Www.crrc.org.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTSP is 40-45 minutes most days. I also use the PA SGL in Tobyhanna PA with a friend who lives out that way but it's an hour and a half. I've been meaning to check out EFGA, but that's also an hour and change. Maybe Somerset County will open up to new members someday, it would be great to have something within a half hour.