jeffsolo

Guns and Roses-Hello and Farewell

•                      My wife and I had to go to a surgical supply company very close to Guns and Roses, so I thought we'd stop in there today.  We walked in to a cramped jammed store that was crowded with both some merchandise and a few people.  What I assume was the owner's wife almost immediately said "Someone will be with you shortly" as she went outside with her 2 chihuahuas....that was the last positive thing that happened there.  There were 3 apparent insiders at the counter....the eldest seemed to playing games buying 2 Colt wheel guns.  He kept hemming and hawing and mentioning something about another gun they had there that they couldn't find-I have no idea if it was being held for him or was there on consignment. 

Another potential customer came in with a bandaged knee. He mentioned he had his artificial knee replaced again and after stating he didn't care if anyone there was Jewish complained about the Jewish doctor who told him his problems were all related to arthritis, not a bad prosthetic.  Fine, that's just a customer and I chalked it up to ignorance.

The counter-blockers continued the discussion on the guns when who I'm pretty sure what was Joe (the owner) said " alright Mr stein, steen, or berg, and repeated it several times.  I decided at that point after waiting over 20 minutes to speak to somebody, I had had enough and motioned to my wife, who had accompanied me, to leave.  I obviously won't be returning.

He permanently lost me as a customer.....I had cash, a fresh open Permit to Purchase, and was looking for something that seemed a lot like that original box Diamondback that "customer" guy was pawing.  I'm Jewish, am a frequent firearms purchaser, and have a lot of friends-both members and non-members of my tribe.  I'll be sure to mention my experience to them and anyone else who will listen.

I've done quite a bit of selling and purchasing on Gunbroker and Guns America, but have tried to support the local shops as much as I can.  I had hoped I could add this place to the collection of local guys I've grown to know, respect, and patronize.  Guess you can't always get what you want.   

Edited by COLTGUY

I must tell you that you have hit it right on the head of the nail, and for anyone with no malice intended in my comment but we can all have good and bad experiences but when the bad outway the good then of course we have an issue, but I have seen several who go there with a smile coming out and yet in my opinion its likely its the only time they have been there to SEE HIS DANCE, yes laugh because it was meant to be funny I think, but for others which is the true tale of what this place is really about is that buyer BE-WARE, and I say this as serious as I can, I have seen time and time again guns and or parts sold to other people that are paid for only to have them order another weapon to replace it and some times the original owner comes to check out or make a payment on a gun to find it gone or parts sold off it.  Don't get me wrong here, some of the idea's they promote such as a 8 week layaway is good but don't miss a payment, you will get a phone call and at times a nasty one or better yet you will lose your money and your gun, I KID YOU NOT MY FELLOW SHOOTERS,  I know you can get good deals there but its when they need money but the same good deal could also be one sold on you and I know this for a fact, with proof of it so no fear of lawsuit, I am glad to see that this site is allowing our members to voice there opinion on bad and sneaky Gun Shops, and I am not one that posts here much and have always had a good experience here but this information has to get out no matter where else we buy our guns, this should be not at the top of the list, I have had an experience where I was naïve to see past my nose in the beginning of our doing business, but my good deeds are worse then sour grapes at best.  good luck to all , god bless and be safe. 

y88yyj.jpg

y88yyj.jpg

Do you believe throwing out a simple minded meme with the intention of making someone feel stupid is the best way to counter an argument or opinion?  If you do, you are wrong.   First off, ad hominem attacks are weak and it's not even an argument.  If you have a problem with someones post ( like I have with yours) then rebut the substance of the post with a rational response.  Pictures work well for children but we are all grownups here.  If one cannot cobble together a substantive response with words, it's just noise.

• Like 1