Sig226GuyNJ

Holster Recommendation

I need a holster I can use in Production Division of USPSA. I'd also like one that I can use for IDPA in the future. So far, I've looked at Blade Tech DOH, which apparently can be used for both if you remove a part of it for IDPA. I've also looked at Blackhawk CQC Standard holster. Any other recommendations are appreciated.

It depends. 

There are many good holsters there, I used to use a Blade-Tech but now I use an ALS because it is no slower then non-locking holster and I NEVER worry about my gun falling out (this is more of a concern for 3gun then USPSA)

I didn't get to see what you were using - is it a retention holster?

Yep, the ALS has a thumb activated lock. It locks onto the ejection port, you could do head stands with it when it is locked, but when you draw the thumb falls naturally on the lock button and the holster is suede lined so it is smooth and fast. With a bit of practice my draw from a lose DOH blade-tech and the ALS is about the same, the difference is hard to tell in dry fire or live fire.

Another vote for Safariland ALS. This is my #1 go-to holster if it's available for the gun I want to shoot. For models not supported by Safariland, I have had wonderful success with Titan Concealment, a forum vendor here. 

I'll vote for the ALS too. Once your thumb hits the button there is zero friction holding the gun so the draw is fast and smooth. The only gun I don't like it for is my 1911 because the space needed for the thumb safety pushes the button too far from the gun to work comfortably for me. I use a bladetech for my 1911.

Blade Tech has a competition pack, comes with holster you can change from paddle to belt loop as you prefer,

also has mag holders. Kit comes custom for just about any gun you might shoot in IDPA.

I have a set for 3 guns, like them all, wouldn't hesitate to get another when needed.

About 3 times a year they advertise a discount, they also discount if you are a IDPA member

First off what gun are we talking about here because blade tech sometimes has a long wait depending on the gun.  

I use both the Blade Tech and the Safariland ALS. 

The Blade Tech for Steel Challenge and USPSA. The Safariland ALS for 3 gun. 

The reason I don't like the ALS for Steel and USPSA is every now and then I may get a split second hang up with the ALS and I don't want to risk that cutting into my score. 

Obviously I like the ALS for 3 gun because it won't fall out when running. 

I for got to add that I like the Blade Tech more because its a lot sexier than the ALS. 

Really gun games are about looking good, not how good you do. That's why there is a new thread on clothes you wear to the range.