CAPTAIN

Can I renew a permit after the initial 90 days?

Monroe being one of them....................90 days is all you get.

I would contact your mayor and ask why your chief is wasting tax payer (your) money. Your town only gets the $2 per permit, not the $20 fee that goes to the NJSP, it cost the town way more than what they get to process permits. If the chief doesn't renew permits it just going to make people apply again - wasting tax dollars.

I would contact your mayor and ask why your chief is wasting tax payer (your) money. Your town only gets the $2 per permit, not the $20 fee that goes to the NJSP, it cost the town way more than what they get to process permits. If the chief doesn't renew permits it just going to make people apply again - wasting tax dollars.

Really good idea..... valid point

Just an update on the permits I dropped off to be renewed.

I dropped them off on Thursday the 15th, was told it would be a few days and they'll call. They called Tuesday and said they're ready, but I didn't play the message until Friday morning (they usually send a letter, not call). I picked them up later on Friday and saw they were renewed on the 15th (the same day I dropped them off) but I didn't get a call until Tuesday the 20th. This is typical as when I originally pick them up, they are dated for a few days before then. I guess they do the permits and 'issue them' on a certain date, and on the same day mail out a letter to tell me they're ready, and by the time I get there to pick them up, roughly a week has been wasted on them. I guess I shouldn't complain too much, as they're usually pretty good on issuing them (about 4-5 weeks usually). 

So, they were essentially renewed 112 days after the original issue date. I absolutely know it can only be used 180 days from the original issue date, and in fact I don't have anything in particular in mind to purchase, but it's nice to have a clean permit ready if i come across anything.