Sharrie*1

PSA 5.56 Premium HPT/MPI Full Auto Bolt Carrier Group

$79.99...Regularly $149.99

I purchased 3. And another previously. I have seen complaints that these are not properly lubed. One of the 3 just arrived last week and it was lubed real well. Even inside when I took it apart to headspace.

Item #39339

http://palmettostatearmory.com/catalog/product/view/id/15174/

I run one in my stainless barreled lightweight upper and paid $99 on sale with no regrets.  It's a quality piece as long as they haven't changed specs - never a problem.  Coating soaks up the lube and cleans up nice too.   

The link to the BCG that Frank Rizzo posted above is now on a Halloween deal for $69.99.

I went back and looked it up, the part number is not the same as the ones I got. But, all the specs are exactly the same. Best I can figure, this one has a logo, and the ones I got did not. For under $70, I am ordering another spare.

Got my new order Friday. I was right, the difference is that this one (the link Frank Rizzo supplied) has the PSA logo on it. Another thing that I noticed is that this bolt is completely dry. The other ones that I god were well oiled inside and out.

Because I know someone will ask, yes, the bolt is hpt/mp marked.

An additional note is that although the Halloween sale s over, the bolts are still $69.99 as of 7:00PM 11/8.2015

To me, it does not matter at all. T strip the entire bolt carrier down to headspace the bolt in the gun that it will live in. At this time I lube the bolt and associated parts. For some reason some get upset if a bolt is supplied dry.

I have built several guns using PSA parts and have never had an issue with any of them. I would consider them to be good parts. This bolt carrier is the premium BCG that they sell. They do offer a cheaper alternative, but at this price, I couldn't imagine why anyone would  want to go cheaper. BTW, all of the BCGs that I have purchased not only ran flawlessly, but also headspaced properly. This being said, I am far from an expert marksman.

Not quite $69, but the best price I have seen on this in a while when you calculate the price of a charging handle in. Hopefully they will continue to slide in price.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-5-56-premium-full-auto-bolt-carrier-group-psa-ar15-m16-7075-t6-forged-mil-spec-charging-handle.html

• Like 1

Not quite $69, but the best price I have seen on this in a while when you calculate the price of a charging handle in. Hopefully they will continue to slide in price.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-5-56-premium-full-auto-bolt-carrier-group-psa-ar15-m16-7075-t6-forged-mil-spec-charging-handle.html

I bought one of the premium bcg 5.56    hp/mpi   for  $69 I JUST LUBED IT UP AND PUT IT ON THE SHELF

I have a couple of these as spares. They are all HPT/MPI, and mine came with the Premium logo.

All of mine came unlubricated. No worries, I soaked them in a bit of Mobil1, and they are smooth as silk.

I have a couple of these as spares. They are all HPT/MPI, and mine came with the Premium logo.

All of mine came unlubricated. No worries, I soaked them in a bit of Mobil1, and they are smooth as silk.

Just to be clear, do you mean literally soaked in motor oil? I got a dry bolt and not sure how to prep it.

Just to be clear, do you mean literally soaked in motor oil? I got a dry bolt and not sure how to prep it.

You can dunk it in motor oil if you want. Won't hurt it.

I put the BCG in a plastic bag after rubbing down with Mobil 1. I'll pour a little bit of extra oil in the bag, purge the air out of the bag, and seal it up. It is stored like that.

I'll clean it off when I'm ready to use it...