Sign in to follow this  
DirtyDigz

Great eyepro, great price - Smith Aegis Echo - $26.53 shipped

These are my preferred eye protection for shooting.  Usually a good deal at ~$50, these are a screaming deal at ~$27 shipped:

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/smith-optics-elite-aegis-echo-shooting-glasses~p~8851t/

Use code 'ALCIDER5' in the keycode field at checkout for reduced shipping.  With NJ Tax they come out to $26.53 shipped.

Very interesting eyepro for shooting review (by Andrew Tuohy of Vuurwapen blog (of "Fireclean is Crisco" fame)) in which the Smith's rate highly.  "Eye-opening" article on why you should consider single-piece-lens eyepro:

http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/eye-protection-shooting-glasses-review/

eye-pro-test-chart.png

Several of the items tested, such as the Smith Aegis and Revision Sawfly spectacles and the Smith Outside the Wire goggles, are on the Authorized Protective Eyewear List (APEL) of eyewear specifically authorized for use by US servicemembers while deployed.

The Smith Aegis eye pro – both the standard Aegis Arc and the Aegis Echo, which is intended for use with communication headsets, offered excellent protection against birdshot and .22 Short, with no penetration of the lens and minimal damage to the styrofoam face.

Not the Smith Aegis Echo's:

AWT_7861-1024x678.jpg

From the review, it seems that picture represents cheaper Remington safety glasses:

The most gruesome example was the cheap Remington eye pro which shed both lenses back towards the eyes, one of which ended up embedding itself into the eye socket. The real-world implications of this action are unpleasant.

I have these - I have some issues with the temples - the covers they use eventually become loose and slide off.  I also prefer more tension on the head than this style provides and I find the narrow fit (they have two sizes) too narrow.

That being said, I love the piv-lock feature.

I have these - I have some issues with the temples - the covers they use eventually become loose and slide off. I also prefer more tension on the head than this style provides and I find the narrow fit (they have two sizes) too narrow.

That being said, I love the piv-lock feature.

I took the style as a must use with earmuffs. The thin arms are very flexible even moldable. That's what sold me on them, my current eyewear creates too much gap with my proears.